Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Sports
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-21-2010, 07:42 PM  

Charlottesville, VA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hendu3270 View Post
LOL can't argue with that!
The strip down show at your local club is not a sport. I didn't start this thread advocating that it is. I started this thread to introduce a whole new type of pole dancing that most people do not know about. It takes place in well respected dance studios, not in your local club. It is performed by women who train hard and are athletic and strong and it has nothing to do with stripping. I personally train 2-3 times a week. You wouldn't catch me dead in a strip club.

Old 12-22-2010, 06:31 AM  
Ill be back....

Pearland, Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtngirl View Post
The strip down show at your local club is not a sport. I didn't start this thread advocating that it is.
I realize that, and I think everyone else does to. But with a thread titled "Pole Dancing", even though it's about the "sporting" aspects of it, you gotta be ready for a few humorous comments to be thrown in. Don't worry, no one thinks you are a stripper trying to legitimize you profession.

Old 12-22-2010, 07:11 AM  

Charlotte, North Carolina
You have been very quiet

mtngirl: Ma'am, I am waiting on ''you'' to share more with you new adventure.
I still think it would be fun, accomplishing the grace and beauty.
"We have never seen anything like this.? Mark 2:12
Old 12-23-2010, 05:10 AM  

Charlottesville, VA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hendu3270 View Post
I realize that, and I think everyone else does to. But with a thread titled "Pole Dancing", even though it's about the "sporting" aspects of it, you gotta be ready for a few humorous comments to be thrown in. Don't worry, no one thinks you are a stripper trying to legitimize you profession.
Haha... you are exactly right. I will lighten up about it. It is pretty funny and I love how my friends make fun of me for it. Just yesterday morning as I left the gym a friend of mine yelled out to me "have fun in your stripper class tonight!" and I found it really funny since I know everyone there understands.
Old 12-23-2010, 05:59 AM  

Kentucky
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtngirl View Post
The strip down show at your local club is not a sport. I didn't start this thread advocating that it is. I started this thread to introduce a whole new type of pole dancing that most people do not know about. It takes place in well respected dance studios, not in your local club. It is performed by women who train hard and are athletic and strong and it has nothing to do with stripping. I personally train 2-3 times a week. You wouldn't catch me dead in a strip club.
My apologizes, my intent was not to offend anybody.
Dance your heart out, girl.
It looks like a real workout.
Old 12-23-2010, 08:19 AM  

hanover, pennsylvania
bouncy bouncy bouncy bouncy
Old 12-24-2010, 12:16 PM  

Gainesville, FL
Someone i met at a wedding a few weeks ago introduced me to this. I think it's pretty awesome, just needs to ditch that "stripper" stereotype. Who knew gyms were starting pole dancing classes.
Old 12-27-2010, 04:33 PM  

Rockville, Maryland
Whats wrong with strippers anyway? They have mouths to feed too. (No pun intended).
Old 12-27-2010, 04:49 PM  
Mr. Happy

Montreal, Quebec
I think it's just the name of the sport that makes some people think it's stripper related.

Maybe if they named it the vertical bars or anything else besides pole dancing, it would be less open to innuendo
Old 12-27-2010, 05:53 PM  
Commodore

San Marcos, Texas
Yea I don't think pole dancing could ever shed the stereotype of stripping. The two will always be synonymous.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Sports
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.