Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Sports
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-29-2010, 12:36 PM  

Antioch, TN
Scouts: Past Present & Future

So given it's outdoor sports nature I thought this would be the best place for this thread. Share your Scout (Boy, Cub, and/or Scouter) experience, questions, etc. here. With 100 years of scouting there has to be plenty of people on here that are/were in.

I'll kick it off:

I'm a Cubmaster here in Antioch, TN Pack 429. My oldest son is a Bear and my youngest will be starting as a Tiger come spring time. I have been a Scouter for the last 3 years and have enjoyed every bit of it. As a youth I was in Cub Scouts for 2 years.

Old 01-01-2011, 03:47 PM  
100% Gun Nut

Evansville, IN
When I was young I gave scouting a try, I stayed in as long as I could stand.
The basic idea was good..(camping, exploring..ect), but back then the scout master seamed to be trying to make up for a failed military career. He kept us marching and standing at attention way too much for 12 to 14 year kids.
So I droped out early, I don't remember what rank I got to, but thought I was doing good.

Old 01-03-2011, 07:53 AM  

Stafford, Virginia
Gunner I had a troop that didn't do anything at all. Nothing All we did was meet pray and play basketball.
Old 01-06-2011, 05:36 AM  
Supporting Member

Aylett (Richmond Area), VA
Just happen to have been a "Boy Scout", also. Joined at age 12. We had a meeting every Wednesday, went to Jamborees in Charleston, WV and went to camp at Camp Clifton McClintic outside of Lewisburg, WV. We did everything for earning the "Merit Badges" and progressing in rank. I made it to "Star". When I reached 18, I became the "Scoutmaster" and did this until I went into the Air Force. I found it a very worthy organization and we couldn't have had a better "Scoutmaster". My brother joined when he was 12, I'm the oldest, and we all had a great time. Were proud to wear the uniform. Having grown up on a farm, this was one of the ways we were able to associate with other folks. In this photo, it's me on the right end and my brother on the left end, standing and our "Scout Cabin" in the background where we held the activities. Check the age of those autos. How many of you can start a fire with a piece of flint and steel??
Scouts: Past Present & Future-boy-scout-troop-54-ronceverte-wv-2-.jpg 

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Sports
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.