Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Sports
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-23-2010, 09:51 PM  

Charlottesville, VA
In the rare chance I might catch a few skydivers on this forum that have not yet heard that the airport authority has issued a letter evicting us from our dropzone in West Point, Virginia ... please go to facebook if you have it and "like" the petition Stop the eviction of the Skydivers from West Point Welcome to Facebook
You can read the details about why they are doing this here. I am desperate to see my dropzone saved. For someone with no family in this world, I have spent all the holidays and most weekends at the dropzone. I can't imagine losing my dropzone.
Please help.

Old 11-24-2010, 09:59 PM  

Denver, CO
Like'd...hope the situation is resolved quickly!

Old 11-24-2010, 10:29 PM  

Charlottesville, VA
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilot210 View Post
Like'd...hope the situation is resolved quickly!
Thank you!!!! I hope so too. If not, then I will be looking for a new dropzone or selling my gear
Old 12-16-2010, 04:35 PM  

Columbia, SC
I will be jumping for the first time this spring
Old 12-21-2010, 07:47 PM  

Charlottesville, VA
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepmudgirl View Post
I will be jumping for the first time this spring
That is so exciting! What dropzone are you jumping at?

I lost my dropzone so I'm looking for a new place to jump. I hope to be in the air again really soon ... well at least by the time it's above freezing again. It's a bit cold right now to be jumping out of any airplane at 13,000 feet.
Old 01-07-2011, 03:10 PM  
Supporting Member

Aylett (Richmond Area), VA
It's amazing that you can make those jumps........I'm sure you're aware of the "BASE" jumpers. Here's some jumping from the New River Gorge Bridge (876') in West Virginia. They close one lane of traffic during one weekend of October and jumpers from all over the world come to jump. This is really scary, too!

Bridge Day 2009

Bridge Day 2009

Bridge Day 2009 2 Way with Sarah

Old 01-08-2011, 10:02 AM  
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtngirl View Post
In the rare chance I might catch a few skydivers on this forum that have not yet heard that the airport authority has issued a letter evicting us from our dropzone in West Point, Virginia ... please go to facebook if you have it and "like" the petition Stop the eviction of the Skydivers from West Point Welcome to Facebook
You can read the details about why they are doing this here. I am desperate to see my dropzone saved. For someone with no family in this world, I have spent all the holidays and most weekends at the dropzone. I can't imagine losing my dropzone.
Please help.
Maybe this will also help a little.....check this location...it should also be a shorter drive for you.....

Skydive Virginia!: Directions
Old 01-09-2011, 09:04 PM  

Charlottesville, VA
Quote:
Originally Posted by teaberryeagle View Post
Maybe this will also help a little.....check this location...it should also be a shorter drive for you.....

Skydive Virginia!: Directions
Thanks Teaberryeagle. Skydive Virginia closed down over a year ago now. Orange is actually pretty close to me too. I started at West Point 6 years ago so it is home to me. We are hoping to get something else started up ... just not sure what/where yet.

I've been to bridge day 3x but have never jumped there. Have you? Are you a skydiver?
Old 01-09-2011, 10:35 PM  
Ric

Denver, Colorado
Id love to skydive sometime, Im sure Id wet myself, lol but Id do it..
its on my "bucketlist" but Im hoping I get to do it before I get to old, I know its not cheap, lol
Old 01-11-2011, 07:07 AM  
Supporting Member

"base jumping/sky diving" "bridge day 2010" near fayetteville, west virginia

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtngirl View Post
Thanks Teaberryeagle. Skydive Virginia closed down over a year ago now. Orange is actually pretty close to me too. I started at West Point 6 years ago so it is home to me. We are hoping to get something else started up ... just not sure what/where yet.

I've been to bridge day 3x but have never jumped there. Have you? Are you a skydiver?
No, I'm not a skydiver and I think I'd be too scared to try it.........and, I've been aware of the "Bridge Day" in West Virginia, but have never gone. Just think it's amazing that someone would jump from there, but I guess it's high enough to do (876')...I just enjoy watching these videos....thanks for the response.

Here's a photo that says it all for jumping from the New River Gorge Bridge.
Just click this link and look at the photo.
Bridge Day 2010: 'Excess is never enough'

Bridge Day 2010: 'Excess is never enough'* - Recreation - The Charleston Gazette - West Virginia News and Sports -

BASE Jumping Bridge Day 2010 (The Best Of) Living Life on the Edge

Bridge Day 2010

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Sports
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.