Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Sports
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-25-2010, 11:19 AM  

New York, New York
Slow Pitch Softball

What are the bats everyone is using?

Old 09-29-2010, 11:34 AM  

Baton Rouge, Louisiana
The newest ones we have are a Miken Freak+, a Mayhem, and a Combat. I don't know the exactly models on the last two. We aren't allowed to use Senior League bats in my league. I don't find any of them to be leaps and bounds above the others, but then again I've never placed a whole lot of faith in the theory that good bats make good hitters. This one old dude on my team still hits with an aluminum Demarini and goes yard at will. On the other hand, one guy hit nothing but grounders and infield pops until he started swinging "one of them good bats" and now he's a solid line drive gap hitter. Was it a change in perception or did the good bat make him a good hitter?

Old 10-02-2010, 01:11 AM  

Lawton, Oklahoma
hitters are hitters simple as that. Some of those new bats make me take a couple extra steps back on 3rd, they do seem to have a little extra pop to them.

Couple more years i'm going to have to wear full catchers gear out there, probably should now as much as i drink between games. heh.
Old 10-06-2010, 08:41 AM  

Fairmont, WV
I play co-ed. The guys have to use wooden bats. The Chicago 16 Sluggers seem to be popular. Some of the teams are trying to use the composite coated wooden bats, but the league will probably crack down on those next season.
Old 11-29-2010, 03:53 PM  
Looks at dirty Jeep pics

Tucson, Arizona
Our league only allows aluminum. I have my "Magic Bat" that works in lots of situations with different hitters.
Old 12-02-2010, 12:59 PM  

Albany, New York
I've got 3 Easton's that have done me well over the years:

* 2008 Synergy Flex (34/27)
* 2008 Synergy Power (34/27)
* 2009 Stealth Reveal (34/28)

I'm hoping to pick up a 34/30 2011 Synergy Speed during the offseason, but we'll see what kind of budget the SWMBO gives me for softball next year. :-)
Old 12-20-2010, 11:56 AM  

Winnipeg, Manitoba
There is no real answer to this with out knowing what sanction you are playing in. ASA bats are really restricted, while U trip bats are quite a bit more opened up and Senior Softball is like shooting with a cannon.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Sports
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.