Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Sports
Click Here to Login

Old 09-26-2010, 04:03 AM  

Honolulu, Hawaii
What were you a stud at in Highschool/College?

Hey guys... just some reminiscing time here!

What were you guys studs at when you were in High School or college?

Myself, I was a soccer guy! I played goalie throughout Highschool and I played college ball out in Kansas... ahhh good times! I'd love to get back into it but I'm sure some of you guys know - kids, wives, jobs, blah de blah de blah

Post it up!

https://luckylucy.scentsy.us/Scentsy/Buy
Old 09-26-2010, 07:40 AM  
Poison Idea

Drinking lol.

For some reason I was actually friends with almost everyone in high school. Always had a blast going to the jock parties and **** and out drinking them all.

In hindsight I wish I'd actually joined the football team, probably could have gone far with it.

Old 09-27-2010, 12:37 AM  

Honolulu, Hawaii
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorcharge View Post
Drinking lol.

For some reason I was actually friends with almost everyone in high school. Always had a blast going to the jock parties and **** and out drinking them all.

In hindsight I wish I'd actually joined the football team, probably could have gone far with it.

Hah fair enough. I won't call it a sport, but it's definitely a very competitive field, nonetheless!

Old 09-27-2010, 04:05 PM  
Poison Idea

You didn't say anything about sports. :|

In hindsight I was I'd played football in high school, I could have gone far with it probably. I was always really good when we'd play in advance gym and ****. Was 6'3" 300 through high school. Not sure what I benched back then, only gym I went to was the weight room in our school and I could max out our weight sets pretty easily. I think it went up to 250 or so.
Old 09-28-2010, 07:34 AM  
running around

Syracuse, NY
In h: swimming, soccer, and softball.

College: Rugby, pick up soccer, roller derby (not through school)
Old 09-28-2010, 08:24 AM  
JCJ
RENT-a-MOD

Webster, New York
Varsity hockey goalie, shattered my ankle in the off season and bagged college because I couldn't play anymore..
Old 09-28-2010, 03:41 PM  

Honolulu, Hawaii
Quote:
Originally Posted by helicase50 View Post
In h: swimming, soccer, and softball.

College: Rugby, pick up soccer, roller derby (not through school)

I've always wanted to see roller derby in person, or play it. I've only seen it in movies, and generally it's portrayed negatively.

Old 09-28-2010, 03:48 PM  
running around

Syracuse, NY
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake7 View Post
I've always wanted to see roller derby in person, or play it. I've only seen it in movies, and generally it's portrayed negatively.
Well it is a fun sport (yes sport, you have to be in shape and have legs of steel and a solid core), we try to keep our bouts (games) family friendly so if someones name isn't pg, then they the offensive part isn't said. Yes there is hitting involved, but only to a certain extent. But everyone is great, your team is your family. after a bout you generally have an after party with the other team as well. All for fun, a little anger management, and exercise.

It is a predominately female sport but there are some men's leagues. Otherwise you could always be a zebra (ref).

Edit:
here's a link
http://www.pacificrollerderby.com/
Old 10-28-2010, 07:47 PM  

Huntsville, AL
Nope. I was kind of introverted and moved around a lot in high school. I never got comfortable enough to play sports. I almost played basketball. I wish I'd played football. And I should have played baseball.
Old 01-06-2011, 08:31 PM  
Supporting Member

Aylett (Richmond Area), VA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorcharge View Post
You didn't say anything about sports. :|

In hindsight I wish I'd played football in high school, I could have gone far with it probably. I was always really good when we'd play in advance gym and ****. Was 6'3" 300 through high school. Not sure what I benched back then, only gym I went to was the weight room in our school and I could max out our weight sets pretty easily. I think it went up to 250 or so.
Could you carry two one hundred pound sacks of horse/cow feed......a hundred under each arm.......I did at 143 lbs.(5' 10"), at which weight I played left guard on the High School football team. My friend's, whom I played football with, father worked at a feed store and he and I used to unload railroad box cars for their store. It would be loaded with feed and fertlizer. We loaded a flat bed truck and hauled it to the store and stacked it six high, the hundred pound feed sacks. Otherwise, I would be working on our farm. When I was in college, I put a hundred pound barbell over my head with one arm and I only weighed about 170 lbs. then. My friend there didn't think I could do it. Oh, to think back about these things. Thanks for jogging my memory. The photo is me showing off a little (this is the size I was while loading the feed, etc.)......wheels from our sawmill..notice the '35 Ford behind me.....
What were you a stud at in Highschool/College?-harry-sawmill-axle.jpg 

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Sports
Bookmark this Page!