Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Missouri > Springfield
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-12-2011, 07:47 AM  

Branson, Missouri
Quote:
Originally Posted by FredNash View Post
I just finished off a batch I bought from the hombrew store in Ozark, it turned out great! Easy place to find, although I was a bit disappointed they didn't have any whole-grain supplies like any sparging equipment and the only false bottom they had was over $100
I was just in there and after reading your post I noticed the price of the false bottom and it was $44.95. I bought one on line for 26.95 + shipping I think the total was around $40.00
they do sell a mashton on line I think it was in the 250-350 price range. youtube has a video that shows how to make one from a ice chest and copper tubing
MissouriBootlegger

Old 01-12-2011, 10:00 PM  

Ava, Missouri, Missouri
you guys are makin me want to jump in to the brew making hobby!

Old 01-13-2011, 10:14 AM  
Ozark Hillbilly

Missouri
I have never tried home-brewing beer. I have tried making wine a couple times. The first time it was way to sweet and the last time it was like vinegar! I think I need to go to the store in Ozarks and get some supplies and information before the berries are ripe next spring.
Old 01-13-2011, 04:58 PM  

Mountain View, Missouri
I haven't personally been to the store....but I have looked at their prices online. I can't say I am that terribly happy with their pricing. Most of the stuff they have I have get cheaper through Midwest supplies even after shipping
Old 01-14-2011, 07:35 AM  
Ozark Hillbilly

Missouri
Thanks for the tip on Midwest supplies. I looked them up and have the site bookmarked. I will check them out. I have not been to the store in Ozark, but, I am going to check them out also.
Thanks again.
Old 01-14-2011, 10:42 AM  

Ft. Leonard Wood, MO
But for a home brew newbie like me then it'd be worthwhile to go in and get some advice, right? After that I can go buy stuff online cheaper.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy_of_Neuron View Post
I haven't personally been to the store....but I have looked at their prices online. I can't say I am that terribly happy with their pricing. Most of the stuff they have I have get cheaper through Midwest supplies even after shipping
Old 02-01-2011, 11:31 AM  

i have made a lot of beer and wine and have been to the homebrew shop in springfield and it is one of the better homebrew shops ive been to. The employees were very knowledgeable and helpful. I'm stationed at Fort Leonard Wood so Springfield is kind of a drive but they also will ship anything to you.
Old 03-15-2011, 02:56 PM  

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissouriBootlegger View Post
I was just in there and after reading your post I noticed the price of the false bottom and it was $44.95. I bought one on line for 26.95 + shipping I think the total was around $40.00
MissouriBootlegger
The only false bottom I saw was stainless steel, was that one only $45? Because that would have been a deal. I'm not saying the big stainless one I saw was a bad deal at $100, it was very nice and well made, just also pricey.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Missouri > Springfield
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads