Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Missouri > St Louis
Click Here to Login

Old 10-16-2010, 03:10 PM  

Arnold, MO
BBQ Pork Steaks

Most people outside St. Louis have not even heard of these wonderful things, but I was wondering if anybody had a recipe they wanted to share like a rub or a sauce to try. I had some at a BBQ contest last week that were awesome, but no one wanted to share their secrets....

Old 10-25-2010, 09:00 PM  

Lincoln, NE
I am originally from Nebraska, and you're right... I had never heard of "pork steaks" before moving to St. Louis. I still don't know what the difference is between a pork steak and a pork chop. I would also have to say that I definitely prefer a "beef steak" to a "pork steak!"

Old 10-26-2010, 01:32 PM  

St. Louis, MO
Wasn't aware this was a St. Louis thing. We fire up the BBQ and cook pork steaks at least once a week during the summer.
Old 11-07-2010, 12:00 PM  

O'Fallon, MO
I moved here from Utah, and I'd never heard of them before. Same with Toasted Ravioli

And nobody here knows about Fry Sauce!
Old 11-08-2010, 12:25 AM  

St. Louis, Missouri
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin201 View Post
Wasn't aware this was a St. Louis thing. We fire up the BBQ and cook pork steaks at least once a week during the summer.
I was not aware that this was a St. Louis Cut of pork either. I like pork steak but would much rather have a thick (1") center cut grilled pork chop.
Old 11-11-2010, 07:21 PM  

St. Louis, Missouri
Quote:
Originally Posted by madsklz View Post
Most people outside St. Louis have not even heard of these wonderful things, but I was wondering if anybody had a recipe they wanted to share like a rub or a sauce to try. I had some at a BBQ contest last week that were awesome, but no one wanted to share their secrets....
1) BBQ pork steak (plain) bone removed.
2) Sliced onions (raw)
3) Two slices of bread
4) Mayonnaise or Miracle Whip Salad Dressing

Some assembly required.

YUM!!!
Old 11-15-2010, 02:40 PM  

saint charles, mo
My recipe is really easy.

Sear porksteaks on each side.

Move them to indirect heat, add some of your faveroite wood chips, let them cooked covered until they are as done as you like. sauce with your faveroite sauce.

I don't like mine to fall apart, i like a bit of chew to them!
Old 11-18-2010, 01:48 PM  

Blue Springs, MO, Missouri
I like them with Salt and Pepper and olive oil. Sear them pretty good then move to indirect heat or very low heat. It might take 45 minutes. Its a fatty tough peice of meat that needs long low heat.

Then sauce with what ever you like.
Old 11-19-2010, 12:16 AM  

St. Louis, Missouri
If you like them falling off the bone, grill them and the put them in a slow cooker with your favorite BBQ sauce. couple of hours and they are very tender.
Old 11-19-2010, 08:13 PM  

Saint Louis, Missouri
Use the favorite spices of your choice ("Magic Dust" from 17th Street Bar & Grill is good mixture) as a dry rub and refrigerate the meat for at least a few hours. Direct grill for about 30-40 minutes and then place in a aluminum pan and cover with bar-b-q sauce of your choice (can't go wrong with Sweet Baby Ray's) for at least 30 minutes. These babies will melt in your mouth.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Missouri > St Louis
Bookmark this Page!