Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Missouri > St Louis
Click Here to Login

Old 12-20-2010, 05:07 PM  

St. Louis, Missouri
Best Coffee / Cafe???

Beyond Panera/Bread Company, where do you like to go for coffee/breakfast?

My family and I enjoy trying new restaurants and we always look for different places in the city/county to try.

When we are in the area we will have breakfast at La Bonne Bouchee for the French style environment. I enjoy the breakfast and pastries, but I can't say I've been impressed with their coffee.

Old 12-25-2010, 07:00 AM  

St. Louis, Missouri
You can't go wrong with grinding your own coffee at home....trust me, makes even the cheap stuff taste amazing!

Old 12-28-2010, 10:31 AM  

St. Louis, Missouri
Thanks for the idea.

I received a french press last year for Christmas that I use quite a bit with coffee that I grind at home, but I'm not interested in buying an espresso machine due to the ridiculous amount of money that they cost.

I'm interested in finding a cafe that has different espresso combinations and also may serve a small breakfast too. My family is not as fond of coffee as I am, so if I can get them out for breakfast and also enjoy a nice cup of coffee too that would be the best. I'm not a big fan of Starbucks coffee, and they don't really have many options for breakfast.

On a similar topic, I've been buying coffee from Trader Joe's and I've been pretty happy with the variety of coffees they offer, but I'm wondering if there are other places you would buy coffee from?

Take care.
Old 12-28-2010, 11:48 AM  

Saint Louis, MO
Chris' pancakes in the city is great, always busy.

It's standard breakfast fare, but the service is great!
Old 01-09-2011, 09:58 PM  

Saint Louis, Mo
Mississippi Mud on Cherokee St is a great little place!
Old 01-12-2011, 03:21 PM  

Rolla, Mo
If you are ever down in the Rolla area, Matt's Steak House has some good coffee if/when they make it fresh per cup for you. I have no idea what it is but it's better than most restaurants. I personally prefer to grind/brew my own at home.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Missouri > St Louis
Bookmark this Page!