Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Missouri > St Louis
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-16-2010, 02:26 PM  

St. Louis, MO
Local Homebrew Supplies in St. Louis area?

I'm fairly new to the St. Louis area and have only been to one local homebrew supply shop. I thought it might be good to start a list of local suppliers along with what you purchase there (and why).

Worm's Way
1225 N. Warson Road
St. Louis, MO 63132
314-994-3900
Worm's Way - Online source for Products, Supplies, Service, Support, and Info for all hydroponic, indoor, outdoor and organic gardening needs.

I purchase a lot of my cleaning materials there
Carboy brushes
Bottle brushes
Starsan
Racking Canes
Bottles / caps

They also have refrigerated yeast
Grain by the bag also in bulk
Canned Extract
Keg set-ups and supplies
Glass carboys
Better buckets
Boxed Beer Kits
Winemaking supplies

Old 12-16-2010, 08:33 PM  

St. Louis, MO
Yeah there is, I just started home brewing a few months ago and have been going to a store that is great. It is called St. Louis Wine & Beermaking and the website is St. Louis Wine & Beermaking the only down side for me is they are a bit of a drive for me, but worth it. They only sell stuff for beer and some wine making so i started there. I never could tell how much stuff was at worm's way from their website, is it any good?

Old 12-20-2010, 04:44 PM  

St. Louis, Missouri
Friar Tuck's

I've also seen that the Friar Tuck's near Gravois Bluffs carries some home brew supplies. It may be a nice place if you need something quick like bottling sugar or tubing.
Old 12-21-2010, 09:39 AM  

saint louis, mo
St Louis Wine and beer making is defianatly the most complete home brew shop in the ST Louis area, but i do use friar tuck for just quick stuff i many need
Old 12-21-2010, 02:29 PM  

St. Louis, MO
Best source for brewers, especially all-grain, is Missouri Malt Supply.

See Missouri Malt Supply, LLC

It is not a storefront, so not good if you need to run out for an emergency vial of yeast. Kent, the owner, orders grain and brewing supplies in bulk and distributes to brewers on thursdays in fenton. Prices are better than you can
get anywhere, plus he is a wealth of information. He also has tons of corny kegs for $25.00. They also keep a lot of grains, hops (best prices for sure) and yeast in stock.
Old 12-21-2010, 05:14 PM  

St Louis, MO
Friar Tuck's has equipment and kits as well. Their beer selection is to notch but their prices are steep. They have South County locations and a St Charles location.

4635 Highway K, 63368
636-300-4300

9053 Watson Road, Crestwood, MO
314-918-9230

792 Gravois Bluffs Blvd, Fenton, MO
636-326-2088
Old 12-22-2010, 06:44 AM  

St. Louis, MO
Thanks for the great info! I stopped by St Louis wine and beermaking yesterday and was very impressed! Lots of all-grain equip parts. Grabbed a store-made Three Floyds clone recipe/kit after they kindly offered me a taste straight off their fresh keg. The two gentlemen I spoke with were extremely helpfull and knowledgeable.
Old 12-22-2010, 09:40 PM  

St. Louis, MO
As many times as I have been to stl wine and beer making they have never gave me a sample. You must have picked a good day.

Hey I just got a kegerator today and it came with a tap for a standard keg, not a corny keg one. Is all that I need a different adapter and which store has the best equitment for kegerators?

Oh, and thanks dannost for the tip about MMS for the cheep corny kegs, I need to pick up one soon as this porter is out of secondary.
Old 12-24-2010, 11:18 AM  
Realtor & HomeBrewer

St Louis - Saint Charles, MO
There is a Friar Tuck close to me in St Charles, so that is the place I most frequent. They have a great beer selection, and I like to build a 6-pack of premium brews when I go, unless they have a new seasonal that I need to stock up on!
Old 12-25-2010, 06:50 AM  

St. Louis, Missouri
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dentight View Post
Yeah there is, I just started home brewing a few months ago and have been going to a store that is great. It is called St. Louis Wine & Beermaking and the website is St. Louis Wine & Beermaking the only down side for me is they are a bit of a drive for me, but worth it. They only sell stuff for beer and some wine making so i started there. I never could tell how much stuff was at worm's way from their website, is it any good?

I've always noticed STL Wine and Beer to be a tad higher than most other places. I only go there if I need something in a pinch. Although, the owner is really nice and very helpful, so they have that going for them. You can tell he is very passionate about all things brewing.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Missouri > St Louis
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads