Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Florida > Tallahassee
Click Here to Login

Old 11-18-2010, 01:29 PM  

Tallahassee, FL
Craft beer in Tallahassee

My favorite places for craft beer in Tallahassee are
  1. MoMo's Pizza (Market Street location)
  2. Fermentation Lounge (near Railroad Square)
  3. Proof (Next to the Liquor Loft on Tennessee St.)
  4. Mockingbird Cafe (on North Monroe)

Old 11-20-2010, 01:15 PM  

Florida
Does Tally have any good micro-breweries in town yet? Very nice area, my buddy went to school there...

Old 12-07-2010, 08:14 AM  

Tallahassee, FL
Quote:
Originally Posted by pintodave View Post
Does Tally have any good micro-breweries in town yet? Very nice area, my buddy went to school there...
Negative...they had an upscale brewery/restaurant called Buckhead Brewery that closed around 10 years ago - but that was mainly due to (what I've heard) high menu prices + bad location.

It'll happen in the next 10 years though - the town is ready.

I'll also update the list for craft beer in town (both for individual purchase and on tap:

Fermentation Market -Organic market just opened off of All-Saints and supposedly has the best craft beer selection in town

New Leaf Market - Like Fermentation, they've got a wide variety of beers available

5th Street Taproom - Just opened (across from Finnegan's Wake) and has many, many craft beers on tap

Cypress - the restaurant is pricey, but they're steadily solidifying their craft beer (tap) selection

The Filling Station - also just opened (the old Wine Bar/Tapas place in midtown) with a decent selection w/good food
Old 12-21-2010, 01:17 PM  

Proof has definitely become my favorite mostly because of it's location and prices. They also do a bunch of glassware give-aways which is always fun.

Liquor Loft has been my go to for craft selection, pretty good selection, decent prices, and knowledgeable staff.
Old 12-21-2010, 02:09 PM  

Tallahassee, Florida
Fermentation market has no where near the selection of beers that Liquor Loft does. They also have no refrigeration and are open odd hours. Other than that though good place.
Old 12-29-2010, 05:04 PM  

Check out NFBL (North Florida Brewers League)North Florida Brewer's Leaguefor great homebrews too!!
Old 01-30-2011, 07:56 PM  

I miss buckhead, it had great beer.
Old 01-31-2011, 02:10 PM  

The Leon (pub?) has the best beer selection in the city. It's a dive bar. Lots of smoke but the beer is awesome.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Florida > Tallahassee
Bookmark this Page!