Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Florida > Tallahassee
Click Here to Login

Old 12-14-2010, 01:07 PM  

Renting Questions

I was recently told by my land lord that I'm not allowed to have a propane grill in the storage unit attached to my Apt.

I've never heard of this, has anyone else?

Is it apartments, or do houses apply as well? He said it was a fire hazard. If there was a fire, there could be an explosion, but couldn't the same thing happen any where? Seems stupid to me.

Old 12-14-2010, 11:11 PM  

Georgia
It's probably a fire code or insurance thing. I've lived lots of places where you can't have a grill or hibachi on your patio. In an apartment, your fire could leave dozens dead or homeless so the rules are a tad stricter.

Old 12-21-2010, 02:13 PM  

Tallahassee, Florida
Same thing happened to us in Heritage Grove....only it was the fire inspector who said it. They can also lay a fine on your apartment owner who then legally can pass it on to you. Go with charcoal I guess lol
Old 12-29-2010, 05:10 PM  

It really depends on the place... i've lived in apartment complexes that are very strict. I even had a small empty gas can for my scooter on my porch and they went crazy over it. Live in a duplex now and have made fires, grill with propane, and have a 6 gal gas can right around the corner ... didn't even care

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Florida > Tallahassee
Bookmark this Page!