Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Florida > Tampa
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-02-2010, 11:51 PM  

Naples, FL
from earlier today on Twitter. RT:
Quote:
@CigarCityBeer
We won 4 to 3, but need to do it again on the 16th, thanks for all the support
not sure what the "do it all again" is all about, but sounds like everyone's happy.

Old 12-03-2010, 09:24 PM  

Temple, TX
Well, thank goodness. Curious to see the next email update explaining the need for a second vote. I have no doubt this a political move to indirectly attack Joe Redner by screwing with his son's business. Thanks for the update.

Old 12-06-2010, 06:30 PM  

Tampa, Florida
Will everyone show up to the next hearing?

Is it mandatory for all the council members to show up to the next meeting? What happens if someone happens to be "sick" and it deadlocked at 3 vs. 3 again? Can the council members vote by proxy?
Old 12-07-2010, 12:10 PM  

This whole issue seems rediculous to me. I did not even know there was a neighborhood in the area local to the brewery. The city council members who voted against the brewery should focus their efforts on bigger problems such as the know problem bars and actual crime.
Old 12-07-2010, 12:20 PM  

Florida
They might have to move if they want to brew at the level they need to.
Old 12-17-2010, 10:34 AM  

Florida, FL
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharpstick View Post
this is interesting that the neighbors are complaining about an adult (as in not rowdy) responsible business that is an asset to the community, while behind them, literally a stone's throw away, is the dale mabry strip with all the titty bars.
Interesting that you said this.

Joey Redner, the owner of Cigar City, is the son of Joe Redner, the owner of all the titty bars on the Dale Mabry strip.
Old 12-20-2010, 12:26 AM  

Tampa, FL
Probably politics as usual.
Old 12-21-2010, 06:05 AM  

Tampa, Florida
Yes - it passed after when Charlie Miranda was present with the deciding vote. The whole thing was an attempt to get at Joe Redner by making things difficult for his son - Joe Jr. is the owner of CCB. There is some long standing bad blood between Joe Sr. and a couple of the City council members.
Old 12-21-2010, 07:06 AM  

Tampa, Florida
Excellent, I'm glad cooler minds prevailed.
Old 12-22-2010, 05:45 PM  

Tampa, FL
Quote:
Originally Posted by cclloyd View Post
Yes - it passed after when Charlie Miranda was present with the deciding vote. The whole thing was an attempt to get at Joe Redner by making things difficult for his son - Joe Jr. is the owner of CCB. There is some long standing bad blood between Joe Sr. and a couple of the City council members.
Seriously? That was the problem?

There should be a legitimate reason for not issuing a permit, instead of "I don't like that guy, so I won't like his son either".

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Florida > Tampa
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads