Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Florida > Tampa
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-13-2010, 09:10 AM  

Tampa, Florida
I agree that Kingdom Liquor has an ecclectic selection of beers, but I've noticed his prices are creeping up. As I travel around town I usually check out some of the other stores and some are a bit more reasonable:
1. Total Wine on Dale Mabry has a huge beer selection single/six pack/kegs. Service is lacking.
2. Liquor Depot on Bearss and Livingston really good selection. If they don't have it, chat with the help and they'll get it.
3. Route 60 Liquor in Brandon. You have to check out the Beer Cave! Btw, the staff very helpful.
4. ABC Liquor on SR 60 in Valrico - I've been to other ABC store where the selection is really sparse, but I was pleasantly surprised at the selection in this store. The prices are fairly reasonable.
On an outside chance some Publix grocery stores have a nice selection of beers, too.

Old 12-17-2010, 05:21 AM  

Tampa, FL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruderman View Post
On an outside chance some Publix grocery stores have a nice selection of beers, too.
The Publix in Apollo Beach on US41 (just S of Big Bend Rd.) has a solid selection of beer. Chimay, Dogfish Head, Abita, etc. I get most of my wines at Publix, too. I love how they have the charts all over to help with pairing. I enjoy the wine magazine Publix publishes (it's free) a lot of good info in there.

+1 for Publix

Old 12-21-2010, 10:16 AM  

Miami, Florida
I would have to say when i visit Tampa I always hit up the Total Wine on Dale Mabry and the Whole Foods that is in the same complex.
Old 12-21-2010, 01:23 PM  

More Dunedin/Clearwater, but Dunedin House of Beer is one of my favorite bars, ever. It use to be a bit more hole in the wall than it is now since they've been expanding and improving, but a great little bar with 40 taps. Lots of locals, lots of fun.

They just opened up a Palm Harbor location with 50 taps as well, but I still prefer the Dunedin location.

Brew Garden on McMullen is a nice place too, although less taps but more bottle selection than the HoB.
Old 12-21-2010, 02:28 PM  

Coral Springs, Florida
Cigar City tasting room.
Old 12-21-2010, 02:39 PM  

Tampa, Florida
Can't go wrong with the CCB tasting room and the city council did approve the wet zoning extension - I don't know if they made it permanent or not but they are still open.
I prefer my garage for great craft beers - the supply is somewhat limited due to demand but the brewer is a hell of a good guy!! ;}
Old 12-21-2010, 04:15 PM  

Mr. Dunderbaks, Oldsmar Tap House, Tampa Pourhouse, Dunedin Brewery, The Independent in Seminole heights, Whole Foods, Total Wine. These are some of the places I go.
Old 12-21-2010, 04:16 PM  

Oh yeah, I almost forgot. Cigar City Tasting Room. Thank GOD they got their wet zone thing done.
Old 12-22-2010, 06:43 AM  

Tampa, FL
i usually prefer Total Wine, World of Beer, Dunderbak's. These by far have the best selection of microbrews and imports.
Old 12-22-2010, 05:42 PM  

Tampa, FL
Quote:
Originally Posted by donjonson View Post
Mine is World of Beer (WOB) in Westchase. Its expensive but they have a lot of great beers on tap and even more in the bottle. The atmosphere there is pretty cool and they have a lot of great events. For instance: During the premire of Brew Masters on Discovery channel WOB put on a little party and had the dogfishhead 60 minute ipa going through a randall filled with hops while everyone watched the show.

what is your favorite tampa pub to get great craft beer?
WOB Westchase is fantastic. Great selection and friendly staff.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Florida > Tampa
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.