Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Florida > Tampa
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-17-2010, 10:43 AM  

Bradenton, Florida
Hog Hunting in Tampa

Does anyone know where there is public land in the St Pete/Tampa area that is open to the public for hog hunting during general gun season? If yes, do they require a permit besdies the general hunting license?

Old 11-23-2010, 12:19 PM  

FL
Hog Hunting Public Land

You can hunt in the state designated Wildlife Management areas, which does require a stamp (but it allows access to ALL Florida Wildlife Management Areas for under $30 and it's good for the whole year.). There is some awesome fishing and diving opportunities (cave diving even) on many of the Wildlife Management Areas. Check out hunting info here:

FWC - Hunting : Season Dates : Regulations : Where to Hunt in Florida

Old 12-22-2010, 05:53 PM  

Tampa, FL
You might want to check with some of the bigger orchards around. I used to hunt for free in Punta Gorda in this orange and grapefruit orchard. I wouldn't even call it hunting, since all you are doing is walking up and down the rows and can easily look between them for hogs. Easiest hunting I ever did... I was almost ashamed how easy.

Hogs are a nuisance animal that digs at the roots of the trees, damaging the crops... so owners will sometimes welcome the pest elimination responsible hunters will bring.
Old 12-28-2010, 12:05 PM  

I dont know of any places in the Tampa area where you can go hog hunting. I know there are places close by that you can pay to hog hunt at. That would be awesome to hunt hogs for free but I dont know of any places where you can do that around Tampa.
Old 12-28-2010, 02:29 PM  

Tampa, FL
Isn't the hog population in Florida out of control and that's why wildlife services lets people hunt them year round?
Old 12-30-2010, 05:53 AM  
in need of conical

Dallas, TX
Quote:
Originally Posted by billymeter View Post
Isn't the hog population in Florida out of control and that's why wildlife services lets people hunt them year round?
Yes, same in Texas
Old 02-20-2011, 03:17 PM  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falgrin View Post
You might want to check with some of the bigger orchards around. I used to hunt for free in Punta Gorda in this orange and grapefruit orchard. I wouldn't even call it hunting, since all you are doing is walking up and down the rows and can easily look between them for hogs. Easiest hunting I ever did... I was almost ashamed how easy.

Hogs are a nuisance animal that digs at the roots of the trees, damaging the crops... so owners will sometimes welcome the pest elimination responsible hunters will bring.
I live in Fl and would love to find a sutiation like that. Can you tell me how you came across that kind of situation? I would like to take occosional hogs to feed my family as well as a few homeless shelters and soup kitchens.
If you or anyone here know how I can do that please feel free to email me. My address is peachyme25@yahoo.com

Thank you
Old 02-25-2011, 07:50 PM  

The nearest hog hunting I'm aware of is in Polk County in the Green Swamp Wildlife Management Area. I'm sure you can Google it up for more information. I was over there on a hike about two weeks ago and the WMA was open to hog hunting.
Old 09-07-2011, 07:42 PM  

hi people im new at this just bought my lisence today i have never been hunting before and idk any place arround tampa to go hunting for turcky or hogs iif any of you people know any place coulld you please send me an e-mail and let me know i'm also looking for some people that would mind having one more friend so i can join them and go hunting some time ok im looking fww to hunting thanx you all
Old 09-07-2011, 07:44 PM  

im looking for som people to go hog/turky hunting im new at this so i do not know alot i don't even know were to go so im looking forward to this thanx you all

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Florida > Tampa
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads