Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Florida > Tampa
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-15-2010, 06:45 PM  

Gainesville, FL
Stuff to do near St. Pete Times Forum

Hello, everyone!

I am going to the Roger Waters show tomorrow night, and was thinking of driving down early and checking out Tampa (I only know the USF area). Any recommended beer spots or other interesting places to visit near the Forum? How far is Cigar City from this area?

Thanks in Advance!

Old 11-15-2010, 07:43 PM  

Fort Myers, FL
Well, the aquarium is pretty close, and is quite nice for a family trip, but since you're looking for bars and cigar city... I can't help much.

Old 11-15-2010, 09:23 PM  

tampa
pour house is right down from the aquarium / st pete times forum. cigar city isnt too far, its on spruce right behind the home depot off of dale mabry. definitely check out cigar city if you've never been. mmmm here their address 3924 W Spruce St, Suite A tampa, florida, you can google maps the rest.
Old 11-16-2010, 07:25 AM  

Gainesville, FL
Thanks! I'll definitely stop by Cigar City and spend some extra time in the pour house if it's within walking distance to the forum until the show starts (I don't want to try to park at the last minute).

I assume traffic is going to be nightmarish around rush hour?
Old 11-16-2010, 08:46 AM  

tampa
yup, it sure will be. there is also a "old timey" trolley that goes from channelside (where you will be) to ybor, if you want to check out ybor and tampa bay brewing company
Old 11-17-2010, 09:34 AM  

Gainesville, FL
Thanks for the feedback - I had an awesome time!
Old 11-17-2010, 07:49 PM  

tampa
did you get to go to ccb?
Old 11-18-2010, 07:00 AM  

Gainesville, FL
I did and stayed a couple of hours. I really enjoyed their Mild and the Seabass Saison. I also got to talk to Wayne for a bit. I'll definitely be back if they don't get shut down next month.
Old 11-18-2010, 12:49 PM  

tampa
yeah, that whole thing is complete horse crap. hopefully theyll be alright.
Old 11-23-2010, 01:35 PM  
NRA Instructor

Tampa, Florida
I can't believe no one brought up Channelside? Some good bars and hope you checked them out too. Hooters (Hubba Hubba, nuff said), Stumps (Great Live Music), Howl at the Moon (fun Sing-a-long piano bar), Bennigans (the last one open in the Tampa area), Splitsville (Drinking, Dancing and Bowling... Woo Hoo!!) not to mention some other places to eat and drink, the Cinebistro Theater and IMAX... if you are going to the St. Pete Times Forum for an event, stop by Channelside and check it out. (My paycheck depends on it, lol).

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Florida > Tampa
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads