Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Technology
Click Here to Login

Old 12-14-2010, 01:42 PM  
bearded brewer

Greenville, SC
Bought my wife the new Kindle a few months ago. I don't see much use for the 3G as long as you have Wi-Fi. As long as you plan ahead and have a couple unread books on it before going for a long trip, you should be set. Even so, free Wi-Fi is everywhere now...

Also, the free public domain books are nice. Plenty of reading to be done there.

Old 12-15-2010, 02:14 AM  

Honolulu, Hawaii
I actually just picked one up a few days ago, and couldn't be happier with it! I definitely read more now than I did before. It's very convenient to be able to just buy books from my couch or my bed and read at will.

I did get one with 3G - but only because that was the last one they had left on the island here on Oahu. I didn't feel like waiting for shipping BestBuy got a shipment of 200 in at 10am two days ago, and they were all gone by 1130! Craziness!

I still haven't delved into the Epub things. How do you even access that?

https://luckylucy.scentsy.us/Scentsy/Buy
Old 12-15-2010, 09:50 AM  

Wichita, KS
I just got a Kindle for my wife for Christmas. She got it early and loves it. It was hard convincing her that she doesn't need to keep stockpiling books. She kept saying she'd miss the smell of them? Anyways, she really loves the Kindle and has been using it since she got it. I got the 3g version mostly to have an additional feature to convince her it's better than physical books, lol.
Old 12-21-2010, 10:20 AM  

Halifax, Nova Scotia
I have a kindle and I'm impressed with the display and light and thin it is. It also displays pdf and doc files with drag and drop transfer which I like
Old 12-22-2010, 11:34 PM  

Florida, FL
Is the Kindle back lit, can you read it in complete darkness?
Old 12-23-2010, 01:56 AM  

Honolulu, Hawaii
No, it's not back lit. However, the contrast is so good that I read in my bed at night with the bathroom light on, and the door shut. So you can read in very low light.

Old 12-24-2010, 06:28 AM  

Florida, FL
Good to know, thanks
Old 12-24-2010, 09:58 AM  

Charlotte, North Carolina
information

some good information

Amazon.com: kindle Discussion Forum

Amazon Kindle - MobileRead Forums
"We have never seen anything like this.? Mark 2:12
Old 01-16-2011, 02:23 PM  

My gf ordered me a Kindle 3g w/wifi for Christmas. Should get it in Feb! Hard to get it up to Canada. Can't wait though!
Old 01-17-2011, 12:16 AM  

Honolulu, Hawaii
I read every night now that I've got one - I'm going through novels like no one's business!

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Technology
Bookmark this Page!