Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Technology
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-01-2011, 09:19 PM  
mohel

Keizer, OR
Anonymous takes another shot at Arizona police

HTML Code:
http://www.computerworld.com/s/article/9218107/Anonymous_takes_another_shot_at_Arizona_police

Quote:
IDG News Service - The Anonymous hacking group has taken another swipe at police in Arizona, launching online attacks against several police union websites and publishing e-mail messages stolen from law enforcement officers.

Regional sites belonging to the Fraternal Order of Police were defaced Thursday night and many of them remained offline Friday. Anonymous took credit for the attacks, saying it was continuing its assault in protest of the state's tough anti-immigration laws.

Anonymous said it had defaced eight Fraternal Order of Police (FOP) websites and was releasing a list of more than 1,200 police usernames, passwords and e-mail addresses. It encouraged other hackers to search through "everybody's inbox to retrieve and expose their secrets," it said in a statement.

It also published personal e-mail messages of several FOP members containing passwords, credit card numbers and, in some cases, anti-immigrant chain e-mail messages.

Representatives from the affected Fraternal Order of Police organizations did not reply to messages seeking comment Friday.

Anonymous, along with another now-disbanded hacking group, LulzSec, has been running an ongoing "Antisec" attack against government, law enforcement and corporations for weeks now. In two separate incidents, it has previously released e-mail messages belonging to the Arizona Department of Public Safety and other police data.

The Arizona Department of Public Safety has called the hackers a "cyber terrorism group."

Robert McMillan covers computer security and general technology breaking news for The IDG News Service.
Anonymous takes another shot at Arizona police-racial-profiling1.jpg 

Old 07-02-2011, 10:11 AM  
fustrated genius

Do you actually know that AZ officers are racially profiling? Or is that just what you THINK to be the case. ANYIME ever, I have been pulled over in AZ, CA, NV or OREGON, the cop gets to the window and asks for License, Proof of insurance and regisistration. What do they ask you? Guess what happens in CA if you don't have one of those three things, your vehicle is TOW'd. You are also assuming that AZ cops are all Euro-American when in fact they are pretty diversified. Cops in general, need to be watched to keep the would bes clean but for the most part, that stereotype don't fly. and no, I ain't a cop and never was.

Old 07-02-2011, 10:27 AM  
Traveler

I'm sure that on an individual basis that bias still exists.
Old 07-02-2011, 01:10 PM  
fustrated genius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musicinabottle View Post
I'm sure that on an individual basis that bias still exists.
less often than you think or the STEREOTYPE implies.
Old 07-02-2011, 02:14 PM  
mohel

Keizer, OR
typed "ariz cops" in Google and got that image which I found cute.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Technology
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.