Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Technology
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-11-2011, 10:18 PM  

Spokane, WA
Any video gamers use a Plasma TV?

Hey guys!

I'm looking in to purchasing a new TV to replace my old Sony 34" widescreen monstrosity. I'm looking to get something around 40-42", but I need some advice. I play a lot of video games and I don't know if plasma burn in is something I really need to worry about anymore. I've heard that the HUD in games will burn in and never go away, and I've also heard that it almost never happens anymore thanks to better technology. Anyone out there have experience with gaming on plasma TV? Is this something to worry about? Should I just spend a little more and get and LCD?

Thanks for your advice!

--
Tim

Old 11-13-2011, 06:44 AM  

Stafford, Virginia
Depends on how much and how long you play.

I play xbox and wii on a 42" Panasonic Plasma. Panasonic's are known for resisting burn in. I don't have a problem yet. Then again I play for maybe an hour at the most in gaming session. I spend more time on netflix and Hulu+ than gaming.

If you get to worried about it just pick up a burn in repair cd and run it for a while after your game session. PixelProtector, screen burn, lcd burn, screen fix, burn in, burnin, calibration, tv calibration, plasma tv burn, plasma burn, lcd burnin, image retention, dead pixel, dead pixels

I would go LCD or LED myself.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Technology
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.