Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Technology
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-30-2012, 10:01 AM  
Administrator

Missouri
Can't log into secure forum.

I run an on-line forum. Have been using an old laptop (Vista IE9) to log in. Can still log in on the old one. Have a new laptop (W7 IE9) with it, Can't get into the secure area of the forum. Have copied and pasted the password(like I still do on the old puter) and have typed it in. Won't work. Have tried with Chrome and Firefox. Have tried on another laptop, also W7 IE9 and a desktop. IE8 XP, and can't get in with them
Have dumped cookies and cache. Enabled SSLs, turned off security and firewalls, even the modem firewall. Have been in "CMD" and reconfiged. Have been on dozens of tech forums and tried everything they suggested. Nothing works. Any new ideas? I'm stumped.

Old 06-30-2012, 12:01 PM  
Mr. Happy

Montreal, Quebec
Maybe you're permanently logged in on the old laptop, and the software won't allow you to log in twice from two different locations. Have you tried physically logging out on the old laptop?

Old 06-30-2012, 12:14 PM  
Administrator

Missouri
Thought about that. I'm afraid if I log out there, I won't get back in anywhere. I can be logged into mod on both at the same time.
Old 07-04-2012, 08:46 PM  
Administrator

Missouri
Wierd. I have tried dozens of times of IE and several times on Firefox. And tonight it let me log right in on Firefox.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Technology
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads