Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Technology
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-23-2012, 01:16 PM  

Caught in the act!

If you ever considered installing a live video feed inside your house, this will guarantee you'll be running to the store soon.

http://xa.yimg.com/kq/groups/1280062...11call_NEW.wmv

Old 01-23-2012, 05:55 PM  
fustrated genius

That's amazing!! ha ha, Great video!!

Old 01-31-2012, 03:09 PM  

Stafford, Virginia
just ordered 2 wireless web cams for in the house.
Old 01-31-2012, 08:42 PM  
Mr. Happy

Montreal, Quebec
Why? Just curious.

Old 02-01-2012, 07:45 AM  
ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ ɯnɹoɟ

VA
I would SOOO approach this route for my home monitoring, and TbT I am trying to fend off my wife and her new 'idea' - A friggin home security system.

Frankly, I have NO desire to sign a 3 YEAR CONTRACT for an alarm system for my house. The one thing I could get on board with and understand, was the fire dispatch feature. (You have a fire, they notify the FD) Having a beepy beep system that tells you everytime I walk out the back door to take a leak is not my idea of good money management.

Nice vid though
Old 02-01-2012, 08:33 AM  

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaporLung View Post

Frankly, I have NO desire to sign a 3 YEAR CONTRACT for an alarm system for my house. The one thing I could get on board with and understand, was the fire dispatch feature. (You have a fire, they notify the FD) Having a beepy beep system that tells you everytime I walk out the back door to take a leak is not my idea of good money management.
I'd like to have a quick debate with you on these systems. First off, most only make you sign up for a one year agreement, then the alarm is yours to keep. You don't need to be wired to the alarm company provided you have good neighbors who will call the PD on your behalf when they hear the alarm blasting.

The beepy beep can be turned off at the flip of a switch so it will go into a silent mode. I personally like it to beepy beep when the small grandkids are here, so I can be advised when they step into the backyard where the pool is located.

Lastly. most insurance companies provide great discounts on Homeowner's Insurance (my discount is 20%), so it is actually cheaper to have an alarm than not to have an alarm.

It only takes one "down on his luck" dirtbag to raid your house of all the jewelry, priceless collectibles, guns, and hidden cash to realize how vulnerable we are and how quickly we realize what we lost.
Old 02-01-2012, 10:17 AM  

Stafford, Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by RiponredTJ View Post
Why? Just curious.

My kids like to sneak out of the house late at night. The last time my daughter did it, I got a call from the Sheriff at 0300 from the Wawa across the street that they caught my daughter stealing $40 in candy. I promptly said she hasn't learned yet take her to Juvie for the night. The 9ussy manager refused to press charges and just gave her a no trespass warning. All because she cries and bates her eye lashes at them. Stupid effers.

So I have my ipad that will beep when the cameras sense motion and it wakes me up. So I can go and lock all the doors and windows and post the sigh on the slider that says.

" You decided to break the rules don't bother knocking as I have locked all the doors and windows. You can sleep on the deck for the night I will let you in the morning at 0630 when I get up. Sorry and a Nice day."
Old 02-01-2012, 01:17 PM  
Moderator Emeritus

Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmurdoc34 View Post
My kids like to sneak out of the house late at night. The last time my daughter did it, I got a call from the Sheriff at 0300 from the Wawa across the street that they caught my daughter stealing $40 in candy. I promptly said she hasn't learned yet take her to Juvie for the night. The 9ussy manager refused to press charges and just gave her a no trespass warning. All because she cries and bates her eye lashes at them. Stupid effers.

So I have my ipad that will beep when the cameras sense motion and it wakes me up. So I can go and lock all the doors and windows and post the sigh on the slider that says.

" You decided to break the rules don't bother knocking as I have locked all the doors and windows. You can sleep on the deck for the night I will let you in the morning at 0630 when I get up. Sorry and a Nice day."
My Brother and I snuck out a lot.

He stopped us by screwing in the screens. Not enough to block escape in case of fire, but not something either one of us could mend at 3 am.

I have a camera for my house as well. I use it on the front door so if anyone knocks and I'm in the bedroom I can turn on the TV to see who it is.

I live in a semi rural situation area where no one needs to be at my door, especially late.
Old 02-01-2012, 07:02 PM  

Stafford, Virginia
Plus My wife works nights and can look in from time to time. If she sees something she can alert my cell phone which sits on my night stand.
Old 02-01-2012, 07:53 PM  
Mr. Happy

Montreal, Quebec
Man, I'm obviously way behind the curve when it comes to home security.

All I have are flimsy locks and smoke detectors.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Technology
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads