Well, let me lay down on the leather sofa and tell you all my problems doc!
It started when I chose, for personal reasons (running stock tallies, helping dad, etc) to keep AOL as my primary ISP. I received an important Microsoft update for malware safeguards, and upon installing it, it appears it recognized AOL as malware and stopped it from working on my computer. I went to a few computer savvy friends who advised I am not the only one with this problem, and recommended that I restore to a previous date to solve my glitch. I must have restored so far back that it eliminated my software ugrades. I have since cancelled the AOL account, but still use it for mail purposes, and use Internet Explorer for the web. My concern is now when I recieve important information from the Red Cross (my fun job!) it is either a power point or Word Doc., and no longer can open these files.