Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Technology
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-05-2011, 01:08 PM  
Mr. Happy

Montreal, Quebec
Is anyone aware of any aftermarket batteries that last longer than the ones sold by Apple for the MacBook Pro?

Old 10-03-2011, 03:46 AM  

Stafford, Virginia
None that I know of. My old macbook pro with a fresh charge would last 4 to 5 hours maybe more depending on how I set everything up.

If you have 10.5 or above get the fan controller app when on battery you can turn down the fan so that the battery last longer.

Old 10-03-2011, 04:37 AM  
Mr. Happy

Montreal, Quebec
Thanks, I'm going to look into that fan controller app today. First I've heard of it.
Old 10-03-2011, 06:18 AM  
Mr. Happy

Montreal, Quebec
Hah! And it's a free download on top of it all.
I'm downloading it now.
Merci and kudos to you!
Old 11-15-2011, 04:36 AM  
Supporting Member

Aylett (Richmond Area), VA
A computer Virus for you to be aware of.........

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PLEASE CIRCULATE THIS NOTICE TO YOUR FRIENDS, FAMILY, CONTACTS! In the coming days, you should be aware.....

Do not open any message with an attachment called: Invitation FACEBOOK, regardless of who sent it. It is a virus that opens an Olympic torch that burns the whole hard disc C of your computer.

This virus will be received from someone you had in your address book .. That's why you should send this message to all your contacts. It is better to receive this email 25 times to receive the virus and open it .. If you receive a mail called: Invitation FACEBOOK, though sent by a friend, do not open it and delete it immediately. It is the worst virus announced by CNN. A new virus has been discovered recently that has been classified by Microsoft as the most destructive virus ever.

It is a Trojan Horse that asks you to install an adobe flash plug-in. Once you install it, it's all over. And there is no repair yet for this kind of virus. This virus simply destroys the Zero Sector of the Hard Disc, where the vital information of their function is saved.

SNOPES SAYS THIS IS TRUE............

snopes.com: YouTube/Facebook Virus

snopes.com: YouTube/Facebook Virus

Koobface remains active on Facebook inShare.
Wednesday, December 3, 2008 at 1:10pm by Craig Schmugar

A new variant of Koobface (a worm that spreads over Social Networking sites) was recently making the rounds on Facebook.?

Koobface remains active on Facebook | Blog Central
Old 11-20-2011, 11:42 AM  

Houston, Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by RiponredTJ View Post
Hah! And it's a free download on top of it all.
I'm downloading it now.
Merci and kudos to you!
I found several, which one did you download? Have you had any problems with it?

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Technology
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.