Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Technology
Click Here to Login

Old 02-10-2012, 08:44 AM  
Administrator

Missouri
A day of glass

Old 02-12-2012, 06:34 AM  

Stafford, Virginia
some day I hope soon.

Old 02-13-2012, 07:18 PM  
The Amish wolfman...

Terre Haute, Indiana
That is so freakin cool!
Old 02-13-2012, 07:30 PM  

Houston, Texas
Hope I never live to see it. We have a hard enough time with some people with cell phones. Want to know the real "deus ex machina"? People. The worst thing to happen to us as a society was the telephone. It's not the technology per se. It's that people to know how to us it responsibly. That's why we have laws about using cell phones while driving. Rant off.
Old 02-14-2012, 09:16 AM  

Stafford, Virginia
Sorry I have to really disagree with you sidways.

Maybe for you it is the worst thing ever. Then again you are on the internet which wouldn't allow you to spout off if it weren't for the telephone.

The internet allows my parents who live 3000 miles away from their grand kids to see them when ever they want. All you have to do is fire up skype and boom video chat face to face. It allows my ex-wife and my kids to feel a little more connected because they are talking face to face not over a phone.

I have met people from Australia and many other countries that I would have never known if it weren't for the internet.

You can't stop stupid and you can't pass laws to outlaw stupid.

Everyone should know that using a cell phone while driving is stupid as is riding a motorcycle without a helmet and driving a car with out your seat belt on. All the laws are there for one reason to make money off the backs of hardworking Americans.

Unlike liberals I don't believe everyone is smart in their own way. There are stupid people out there look around and you will see it every day.

I just find it very ironic that you are complaining about technology and how it ruined everything, on an internet forum. I mean really that is like saying gas is the worst thing to ever happen to the car.
Old 02-14-2012, 12:41 PM  

Houston, Texas
My point is that we have become too dependent upon technology. When the servers go down or loose the signal on our cell phones we are lost, sometimes literally. I agree that it has it's advantages and understand as IT professionals some may become defensive about my point of view. That's to be expected. But them again without the Internet I would be able to listen to others cry because I don't agree.
Old 02-14-2012, 07:06 PM  

Stafford, Virginia
The only one crying here is you. If you hate technology so much why are you paying for Internet service, why did you get a phone, why did you buy a computer?

I have 2 pc
4 tablets
2 smart phone
Xbox 360
Wii
2 blue ray players
A roku streaming box
Oh and I am building a home theater pc to store all my music and video.

And I love it all. Could I go with out sure if I had to.
Old 02-14-2012, 09:24 PM  

Houston, Texas
Sigh! OK, yes I have an iPhone and a MacBook Pro. That's as high tech as I get and those are luxury items that I could live without. The biggest reason I have a phone at all is you can't find a pay phone anymore so the iPhone really is a luxury. I could do just as well with a prepaid phone. Landlines are just not cost effective anymore. I don't even own a TV and don't want one. At least I don't stand to loose my job because it's been outsourced or the technology fails. As far as all the tech I prefer to get up and actually do something instead of sitting down and letting my rear spread vertically.
Old 02-15-2012, 05:12 AM  

Stafford, Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sideways View Post
Sigh! OK, yes I have an iPhone and a MacBook Pro. That's as high tech as I get and those are luxury items that I could live without. The biggest reason I have a phone at all is you can't find a pay phone anymore so the iPhone really is a luxury. I could do just as well with a prepaid phone. Landlines are just not cost effective anymore. I don't even own a TV and don't want one. At least I don't stand to loose my job because it's been outsourced or the technology fails. As far as all the tech I prefer to get up and actually do something instead of sitting down and letting my rear spread vertically.
Dude you slay me.
Old 02-15-2012, 07:58 AM  

Houston, Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmurdoc34

Dude you slay me.
Glad I could bring a little laughter into your day.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Technology
Bookmark this Page!