Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Technology
Click Here to Login

Old 12-06-2010, 06:36 AM  

ohio
Droid Vrs IPhone

So what do you think Droid or Iphone?

Old 12-06-2010, 03:35 PM  
Poison Idea

droid, droid, droid.

apple sucks, is over priced, and intentionally leaves features out so they can add them in later for trendy morons to spend even more money on.

Old 12-06-2010, 06:28 PM  
facepalm

Minot, ND
i've got the droidx, but i would have gotten an iphone if it was available from verizon
Old 12-06-2010, 08:55 PM  

Stafford, Virginia
Droid all the way.

I like MAC but hate their prices....
Old 12-06-2010, 09:17 PM  

san marcos, texas
I've never had a droid, but I sure do love my Iphone. I would be lost without it, literally because it has a gps.

Is there something that droid has that the Iphone doesn't?
Old 12-07-2010, 08:06 AM  

ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by addie View Post
I've never had a droid, but I sure do love my Iphone. I would be lost without it, literally because it has a gps.

Is there something that droid has that the Iphone doesn't?
Droid X has an 8 mp camera and takes video in 720 p HD.

Android is open source. That means anyone can write an app for the phone. It is not locked down like the Iphone is. I can use any recorded voice or song or MP3 as a ringtone and as a message notification. Iphone limits you on so much. I am also a Droid fan!
Old 12-08-2010, 11:13 AM  

Westchester, NY
Full time Android fan here. I prefer a phone that I have control over, as opposed to someone else. Besides the functionality and integration of my google calendars and gmail are excellent.

And HTC is one of the better options in my opinion.
Old 12-08-2010, 11:30 AM  

Quote:
Originally Posted by recoTPD View Post
I can use any recorded voice or song or MP3 as a ringtone and as a message notification.
I have a regular first edition Droid. Does mine do this recording stuff as well? Yes, I also like my phone, but is just too big and would give my first born to have my small flip phone back, if you could access the Internet without having to use baby fingers.
Old 12-15-2010, 10:00 AM  

Wichita, KS
I have an iPhone 4 and have tinkered with a few Android based phones. To me, the polish on most of the Android phones is just slightly less than the iPhone. Things like the transitions are slightly jittery where the iPhone is smooth.

As far as features and customization, Android wins hands down. For real I can't change my txt or email notification sound on my iPhone 4. That's pretty sad and extremely confusing when in a room with 5 other iPhones. Regardless, I still love my iPhone despite it's quirks. Best phone I've ever owned.

But wait, what about Windows 7 phone. Let's just say the jury is still out. A friend of mine got one. About 1/4 - 1/3 of his calls, he can hear the person, but they can't hear him. So far, typical MS release, buggy as hell, but they'll eventually get it right. Right?!?
Old 12-16-2010, 07:49 AM  

mechanicsville, maryland
droid any day

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Technology
Bookmark this Page!