Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Technology
Click Here to Login

Old 10-14-2010, 09:41 AM  

Pittsburgh, PA
Gone Google?

Just looking for peoples opinions on Google, their products, or seemingly random investments.

Old 10-14-2010, 03:57 PM  
facepalm

Minot, ND
all i know is they seem to be expanding at an exponential rate. the next microsoft?

Old 10-14-2010, 05:42 PM  

Valley Center, California
Love Google calendar and gmail. My phone (G1) is synced so it makes everything nice. I know Google stores way too much info that goes through their systems but I am not overly concerned about it.
Old 10-14-2010, 06:12 PM  
facepalm

Minot, ND
i'm about to be picking up the droidx. i already use gmail and google voice. havent really gotten into google calender though...
Old 10-15-2010, 07:08 AM  

Pittsburgh, PA
I'm still using my iPhone 3G, but my contract is up this month. I haven't decided yet to go to an Android phone of iPhone 4.

I use Google Apps for work and personal stuff everyday. So far I really like it. I get emails about once a week of new features that they have added, and have started playing around with Voice and Sites.

I have to admit, that my company is a Google Enterprise Partner, and I am new to the environment. But I have so far gotten fairly positive feedback from potential clients, but also wanted an everyday persons (not someone I'm trying to pitch to) point of view.

I also have to say that I do feel that a ton of information on us is being collected, but on the flip side of the coin, the integrated smooth way in which Google products work for us wouldn't be possible without some of that info.
Old 10-15-2010, 06:41 PM  

Stafford, Virginia
The only browser I use is google chrome. It is the best fastest safest browser out there.

I love my gmail. It amazes me that Google can catch every single spam message and MSN can't catch a spam message during spam mating season while wearing spam musk and doing a spam mating dance.

I also use google docs as well. They are great free and just as powerful as ms office. Sure they store a lot of stuff, but they have yet to abuse that info or sell that info to ****** bags.

Google gets an A++++++ in my book.
Old 10-20-2010, 03:59 AM  

Honolulu, Hawaii
I've had gmail since before Google was this huge thing - I haven't really kept up with all their other endevours. I like their search engine, though!

https://luckylucy.scentsy.us/Scentsy/Buy
Old 10-21-2010, 03:03 PM  

Chattanooga, GA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammer View Post
Just looking for peoples opinions on Google, their products, or seemingly random investments.
Was just talking about that. They are an awesome company with an excellent business plan. Google TV is going to be fantastic. Look at all their products. Thumbs up here!
Old 11-03-2010, 05:15 PM  

ottawa, ont
Google great, but big brother-ish

Google provide lots of great services, but they track everything. If you use gmail, your "private" emails will be stored forever for data mining.
Old 11-22-2010, 03:21 PM  

Knoxville, TN
I've Gone Google

I started using Google Gmail years ago, back when you still had to be invited by someone that was already a user... I don't really remember the year, but fast forward to now.

I have a Nexus One mobile phone that syncs my contacts, calendars, email, & photo albums from several accounts. My wife and I have a shared calendar that keeps us on the same page (no more phone calls about if I forgot about...)

Any changes made to any piece of the digital puzzle gets pushed to wherever I am; on my phone, laptop, tablet, wherever. The sync and anywhere access is what sold me. I used to be a Windows Mobile/Outlook user; Google took the hassle out of staying in touch and up-to-date with all my stuff.

Google Docs is great! I scan important documents, upload to Docs, and access (and now edit) from anywhere. Certain folders are shared with family members, just adding a doc to the folder gives them access.

I have migrated the company I work for from Exchange to Google Apps. All the same great features of the personal accounts, but for business.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Technology
Bookmark this Page!