Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Technology
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-21-2010, 07:29 PM  
facepalm

Minot, ND
the inevitable smart phone thread

lets keep this on topic. the usual "my phone only makes calls" and "i dont have a cell phone because i'm old shcool like that" comments need not apply

so i have been looking really hard at the droidx. it's big but it doesnt seem too big. one of the things that interests me most is the mobile hotspot deal. how fast is the connection when you use that? i know it's an extra 20 bucks a month, but if it can replace my home internet connection (i only have a laptop, so im always using wireless anyway) that would save me 50 bucks a month.

im a pretty big apple fan, so naturally i would give my left nut for an iphone, but verizon has this area by the nuts for the most part, so i am left with few options. how well does android mesh with mac os?

Old 09-21-2010, 08:57 PM  
You Dirty Rat!

Wilmington, NC
If you hold out for awhile, Verizon may get the iPhone. Just saying. I know nothing.

Old 09-22-2010, 09:09 AM  
facepalm

Minot, ND
ive been holding out for the iphone for quite a while now. ayeteeandtee renewed their contract with apple as far as i know, so unless they do something in the next month or two, im just going to give in...
Old 09-22-2010, 01:44 PM  

Honolulu, Hawaii
Hmm, yeah I thought their exclusivity contract was expiring this year - I haven't heard any updated on that in a while, though, so I could be wrong.

I don't do the "smart phone" thing right now either, but if I did, it'd be the iPhone hands down.

https://luckylucy.scentsy.us/Scentsy/Buy
Old 09-22-2010, 03:48 PM  

Schwenksville, Pa
I also heard that verizon was getting the iphone next year. I've never owned one so I can't compare it to a droid but the droid is an awesome phone. I've had one for a few months now and love it.
Old 09-22-2010, 08:23 PM  
facepalm

Minot, ND
just read reports of a possible cdma iphone release in jan. i might just wait it out...
Old 09-22-2010, 08:45 PM  
Vrrooomm

Quincy, Illinois
I have an HTC TouchPro 2 with Windows Mobile. And in true Windows style, it does lock up sometimes.
Old 09-22-2010, 08:53 PM  
facepalm

Minot, ND
i used to have the htc tilt. it was pretty cool, i liked windows mobile because i already knew how to use it, given that it was essentially just like a pc. thats pretty much teh same reason i would like to have an iphone, since i pretty much exclusivly use my mac book now...
Old 09-22-2010, 09:18 PM  
Supporting Member

Yakima, Washington
I have the storm now, and am looking for an upgrade. The new droid has an 8mp camera w/ mechanical shutter, so it is actually a pretty good camera. Also records 720p video and has hdmi out. I was dead set on verizon iphone, but I believe the new droid is better.
Old 09-22-2010, 09:24 PM  
facepalm

Minot, ND
thats how i am feeling too. the only thing that worries me is if android is going to make it, or burn out and die out just as fast. if i am goignt o hav ethe same phone for two years, i want to know it will be supported...

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Technology
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads