Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Technology
Click Here to Login

Old 02-16-2011, 11:04 AM  

Kaspersky slowing Operating System?

Running Kaspersky KIS 2011

It is just me or does anyone else have this issue? My computer with Kaspersky running is dogging - I have most of the settings setup so that I have to manually initiate scans, updates, etc. and its still running slow.

I caught somewhere that Kaspersky even admits to slowing system performance and their resolution is to download an earlier version of the program... I don't know about any of you, but it took me a while to get this computer setup with all my programs and whatnot and I just rather uninstall KIS 2011 then trying to reinstall an eariler version, etc.

Anyway, just seeing if this is just an issue I'm having or if anyone else uses KIS 2011 and noticed the lack of computer performance.

Old 02-16-2011, 07:31 PM  

Stafford, Virginia
Both of mine run just fine. With KIS 11 on them. I have a HP win 7 x64 machine and a Toshiba win 7 x64 laptop.

If I could get linux to load on my laptop I would have it too.

Old 02-16-2011, 11:36 PM  
Poison Idea

It depends on your system really, but AV's tend to slow things down. Try disabling it through msconfig and rebooting and see if there's a noticeable difference.

And @ mrm you can dual boot linux and w7 it's just a pain in the ass because both boot loaders like to override and delete each other.
Old 02-25-2011, 02:34 AM  

I could help you but let me know what your processor is. Next, you could observe it on your own, pay task manager a visit and have a look at which processes take too much of your memory. Check also on your kaspersky and maybe it’s always running system scans and that can really slow your computer down. There may be underground processes that are running on start-up that may be causing you.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Technology
Bookmark this Page!