Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Technology
Click Here to Login

Old 02-02-2015, 09:42 AM  
Administrator

Ohio
preferred cable channels

Has anyone else increased their packaging for cable or satellite TV? I'm not talking about the premium channels such as HBO, but simply the higher level channels that basic cable doesn't offer. I am watching these channels way more than I am basic cable.
For example:
Aspire
BBCA
FXM
Hallmark and Hallmark Movies
IFC
INSP
MeTV
Sundance
Up
WHT

Although I still watch the original over-the-air channels via cable TV, I don't know the last time I watched the following:
ABC Family
FX
Nick
TBS
TNT
USA
(Don't even get me started on SyFy or A&E....)
I am guilty of watching Hot in Cleveland on TV Land, but once it is finished I don't know if I will watch TV Land anymore either.

Old 02-02-2015, 10:06 AM  
Administrator

Missouri
I wish we could pick only what we want and pay for that only.

Old 02-02-2015, 10:19 AM  

This hits a sour cord with me. Trying to save money, I tried selecting the channels I never watch, so I could lower my monthly bill. Unfortunately, all channels are in groups, so eliminating one group will cause you to lose many channels you like. I finally bit the bullet and ordered the highest level package, which is another $100 a month, and now am frustrated because some channels must be ordered individually, at $5-$10 a month. Where does it stop?

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Technology
Bookmark this Page!