Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Tennessee
Click Here to Login

Old 09-09-2010, 02:05 AM  
Moderator Emeritus

Los Angeles, California
Please give me one good reason to visit Tennessee

I would like to plan a tour of the U.S.A.
Would you help me decide where to go by giving us one good reason to visit your State.
Thanks

Old 09-09-2010, 07:32 AM  

Jack Daniel's?

Old 09-09-2010, 01:34 PM  
INNOCENT CRIMINAL

Nashville, Tennessee
Well 2 sides to this coin, Nashville is a city worth visiting as much as any other with a theme.
Our state parks are some of the best. We have a fairly honorable state police force so the speed traps are at a min. We have friendly gun laws and friendly people. We share the mountains with north Carolina and the views are unbeatable well maybe by Montana standards. (even better than the ocean in my opinion) If you like the family thing look at Gatlinburg plenty to do with the kids and Dolly wood of course. Hunting & fishing are okay, We have 2 aquariums Gatlinburg and Chattanooga both beautiful But now for the other side of the coin.

The state as a whole has changed over the last 20 years from good country people to an influx of aliens Muslim & Mexican my childhood stomping grounds is no longer anything I recognize as American.
Flags of other countries fly as Spanish is the spoken language, The cities I roamed in Tennessee are now filled with people in the streets wearing a towel on their head. With the beautiful mountains as the back drop. Now before the racist comments start I am merely talking about the scene I grew up with to what it is today. (from farmers to towels & sheets it is a culture shock in your own yard)

Tennessee sold out to Political Correctness for Federal money long ago. IMO Tennessee is an okay place to visit long as you know where you?re going and what you?re going to do. Our surrounding states are doing better because they haven?t sold out every inch and still have their original roots.
All us Tennessee country people that talk slow and funny are few and far between now, What I am saying is I would like to boast this state up to you as a life long citizen of it but this land may as well be thousands of miles away cause that?s what it feels like & that?s what I feel like ?a Visitor?.

Good Luck
Old 09-22-2010, 08:56 PM  

Bluff City, TN
The people, yes we have Music City (Nashville). We also have an amazing National Park in Smoky Mountain National Park. The attractions in Gatlinburg are great fun for the entire family. But all of it is a moot point without the friendly and generous people who live and work here. I have been all over the country for my work and the people here in Tennessee are the most pleasant ones I have found. I am not saying that because I am from here. I grew up in CO and have only lived her a little over 10 years and have yet to have any issues with the people here.

Not all of the people here are like Josey, intolerant people such as him are few and far between.
Old 09-23-2010, 08:30 AM  

Franklin, TN
Franklin, just south of Nashville, has it's pumpkin festival in October. Great food, games, all sorts of events, concerts, Annual BBQ competition (the best BBQ you'll ever eat...).

Franklin also has "wine down Main Street", taste tons of wine, food, live bands, ect.

City of Franklin : Annual Events & Festivals
Old 09-28-2010, 06:52 PM  

memphis, tennessee
Memphis all the way, BBQ fest, Music Fest, Beale Streete, Graceland- home of Elvis Presely, Loraine Motel- site of Dr. Martin Luther King's death. Mississippi River- steam boats. Pyramid- currently being converted into a massive Bass Pro Shops. Land between the Lakes is only a short drive- land between lakes is a great ORV park, seeing your picture is a jeep... ftw.
Old 09-28-2010, 06:53 PM  

memphis, tennessee
forgot to mention, its also the Blues capital of the world, and the great B.B King plays regularly at local bars on Beale Street.
Old 10-01-2010, 04:22 PM  

grandview, tn
Beautiful scenery, nice people, and lots of things to do. Oh and jack daniels is a bonus
Old 10-01-2010, 09:07 PM  

Biloxi, MS
Hit East Tn, the weather now is wonderful and there are some good wheeling spots around there. You have a JK, road trip out there and hit Bumpas cove.
Old 10-04-2010, 02:43 PM  

Knoxville, TN
The Smokey Mountains (and Windrock off road if you bring the JK)

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Tennessee
Bookmark this Page!