Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-23-2010, 11:43 PM  

Fleming, Ohio
I know Texas is big...

...but why so many cities that are not "major-major"? How big is Austin anyway, or Corpus Cristi for that matter? I'm just askin'...

Old 11-02-2010, 02:02 PM  

Paige, Texas
Hey Skully. What do you consider major-major? If you are talking population, Houston, Dallas and San Antonio are in the top ten biggest in the United States. And Austin and Fort Worth are in the top twenty.

So one state with 5 of the top 20 biggest cities in the country? I'd say that's major-major

go ftf.

Old 11-02-2010, 03:39 PM  

El Paso, Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Centexceli View Post
Hey Skully. What do you consider major-major? If you are talking population, Houston, Dallas and San Antonio are in the top ten biggest in the United States. And Austin and Fort Worth are in the top twenty.

So one state with 5 of the top 20 biggest cities in the country? I'd say that's major-major

go ftf.
Should read, one state with 6 El Paso included.
Texas is sooooo big the rest of Texas has no idea we have a population close to 700 000
New Mexico would love to incorporate us

Cheers,
ClaudiusB
Old 11-03-2010, 06:30 AM  

Paige, Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaudiusB View Post
Should read, one state with 6 El Paso included.
Texas is sooooo big the rest of Texas has no idea we have a population close to 700 000
New Mexico would love to incorporate us

Cheers,
ClaudiusB
Absolutely, and I meant no disrespect. When I pulled up the info about the biggest cities in the nation El Paso came in at 26.

Didn't mean to leave you guys out.
Old 12-18-2010, 04:40 PM  

Killeen, TX
Also, Fort Hood is the largest military installation in the World. Not as big a city, per se, but to us Army guys, Fort Hood is the Biggest.
Old 12-21-2010, 08:31 AM  

Cleburne, TX
Fort Hood was the largest in troop population during the 1950s. Fort Hood in total is about 160,000 acres. White Sands is 2.2 million acres, mostly ranges. The largest post is considered to be Fort Bliss. It is 1.1 million acres mostly in training facilities.
Old 12-26-2010, 06:28 AM  

New Braunfels, Texas
We may have Major-Major sized cities, but I can say this that San Antonio does NOT feel or act like a top ten city.
One of the reasons I moved to here.
The city is very spread out... and of course traffic is nothing like DFW or Houston.
Do not get me wrong, we have traffic, but nothing like those two.

As for Austin... it may be "smaller" but it feels packed and the traffic - well it sucks, still.
For well over a couple decades the city ignored building up their roads to handle to increase of population.
This past 5 years they have been doing a MAJOR catch up.. making bypass loops, etc.
It has helped, but the traffic still sucks.
Old 12-26-2010, 09:24 AM  

Eustace, Texas
One thing to consider is that even the suburbs around the large cities in Texas are often large also. Dallas for instance has several suburbs over 200k that adjoin the city. Some are larger than the large cities of other states. Creating very large metropolitan area.
Old 01-04-2011, 10:19 AM  

Also, geographically Texas is so big that with so many "largest cities" in the top 20, I am still at least 2 hours away from any of them. As much as 7 from others. I would think any city would be game if there was enough participation.
Old 01-05-2011, 10:44 AM  
Moderator Emeritus

Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJWilly View Post
Also, geographically Texas is so big that with so many "largest cities" in the top 20, I am still at least 2 hours away from any of them. As much as 7 from others. I would think any city would be game if there was enough participation.
That's the way it works. After enough request have been made, we add the forum.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.