Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-26-2011, 03:50 PM  
ceilingfan collector

burleson, texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sideways View Post
Of you're looking for less severe weather Missouri has very hard winters and tornados. The desert SW, Arizona and New Mexico, have a dryer climate.
yes but phoenix is too hot(may not feel like it but looks like it on the weather map)

and yes i got family in phoenix too so i wouldn't mind living there

John 3:16
my web cam page https://www.mycampage.com/emerson
Old 12-26-2011, 08:52 PM  

Houston, Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremy1

yes but phoenix is too hot(may not feel like it but looks like it on the weather map)

and yes i got family in phoenix too so i wouldn't mind living there
Yes, it is hot. However the humidity is nowhere near as high as you find along the Gulf Coast. I doubt if that region sees humidity in the 90% range. I could be wrong but I don't think so. I've spent time in the Persian Gulf region and can tell you from my own experience that 100+ degrees doesn't feel that way. When you hear "it's the humidity not the heat", that's true. Check the weather in that region for summer humidity range or maybe someone from that area could toss in their 2c.

Old 12-27-2011, 08:21 AM  

I've been to Phoenix quite a few times in the summer and although it does get hot, it is still a great place.
Old 12-27-2011, 08:23 AM  
Moderator Emeritus

Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by havasu View Post
I've been to Phoenix quite a few times in the summer and although it does get hot, it is still a great place.
It gets 110 here with humidity. I would happily trade that for 120 with no humidity.
Old 12-28-2011, 09:26 AM  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin View Post
It gets 110 here with humidity. I would happily trade that for 120 with no humidity.
I agree with this statement 100%.
Old 12-30-2011, 10:14 AM  
Moderator Emeritus

Texas
Once it breaks 100 I've found 110 is not that bad. If it's dry heat it can be oddly pleasant.
Old 12-30-2011, 05:57 PM  

Houston, Texas
In a dry heat the sweat evaporating from your skin has a cooling effect. Next time you're in a dry heat (not Texas) take an unopened container of your favorite beverage, wrap it on a damp towel and let it set in shade until the towel is dry. Surprise!
Old 01-03-2012, 12:29 PM  
Moderator Emeritus

Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sideways View Post
In a dry heat the sweat evaporating from your skin has a cooling effect. Next time you're in a dry heat (not Texas) take an unopened container of your favorite beverage, wrap it on a damp towel and let it set in shade until the towel is dry. Surprise!
I'll have to try that sometime.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads