Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-09-2010, 02:06 AM  
Moderator Emeritus

Los Angeles, California
Please give me one good reason to visit Texas

I would like to plan a tour of the U.S.A.
Would you help me decide where to go by giving us one good reason to visit your State.
Thanks

Old 09-10-2010, 08:43 AM  

Kerrville ... San Antonio, Texas
Gosh, there is so much to see. Knowing your interests would help.
Big Bend State Park is awesome. There is also the renowned McDonald observatory at Fort Davis very near there. Further east is San Antonio. A very beautiful city, 7th largest, which is a major tourist attraction. With sites such as the Alamo (and four other sister missions, on Mission Road), the River Walk, the Hemisphere Tower (built in 68 for the North American world's fair). San Antonio has many other attractions such as the #2 rated zoo in the United States, behind San Diego, if my information is still correct. Great museums and a very nice Chinese Tea Garden.
Texas also has pristine waterways, which are plentiful. We also have a beautiful coastline and coastal areas inlands.
Texas is also ethnically diverse with many communities rich with flavor from the originating countries. We have French, German, Irish, gosh, with all the rest I would need help being accurate. We of course do also have a heavy Mexican heritage, having won our independence from Mexico'
Texas is truly a destination state. My info will get you through the southern part. Further north you could see the Palo Duro Canyons which you could then go through the Amarillo area then on to Oklahoma and the mid west.
Again, knowing your interests, time frame, and route would better help us to help you.
Enjoy your tour.

Old 09-23-2010, 01:01 PM  

Lubbock, Texas
What do you want to see? We've got desert, oceans, lakes, rivers, canyons, plains, swamps, forests, hills.... and the list goes on and on.
Old 09-23-2010, 02:22 PM  

Fort Worth, Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by sknowskier View Post
What do you want to see? We've got desert, oceans, lakes, rivers, canyons, plains, swamps, forests, hills.... and the list goes on and on.
That in itself is a prime reason to visit Texas, we have everything here (well maybe a gulf, but close enough to an ocean).

Ive been to 50% of the states in the US, nothing beats Texas and Ill never leave it.
Old 09-26-2010, 12:16 PM  

Hewitt, Tx
Dont come to Waco. Theres nothing here.. i hate it..i went to SanDeigo and LA last year and now want to live there.. the oceans are amazing unlike Corpus. If anything i would say go to austin..party city
Old 09-26-2010, 06:19 PM  

Austin, Texas
The best reason to visit Texas is, in all honesty, the Women.
Old 09-29-2010, 08:00 AM  

dallas, tx
The best reason to visit Texas is, in all honesty, the Beer!

Shiner, Tx.
Old 10-04-2010, 03:44 PM  

Abilene, TX
Plenty of variety and 99% of it you can accidently forget to lock your car at night and all your stuff is still there in the AM.
Old 10-04-2010, 04:48 PM  

Vernon, texas
You can see for miles and miles in West Texas with nothing blocking your view.
Old 10-05-2010, 08:11 AM  

The Colony, Texas
Got to be the River Walk in San Antonio. To me that is the best reason. The culture in that area is amazing.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.