Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-07-2010, 10:42 AM  

Odessa, TX
You have a Jeep, there's some great offroading in central/east Texas.

Old 10-07-2010, 07:10 PM  

Austin, Texas
Bluebonnet Season!

Old 10-09-2010, 06:28 PM  

Dallas, Texas
Lots of wheeling up in North and East Texas. I'll be glad to take you on the trails. Go for the awesome Tex-mex and steak as well as all the other stuff.
Dallas has a lot of great history, too.
Old 10-09-2010, 06:58 PM  

Bedford, Texas
I live in the Dallas Fortworth area, and I can say Fortworth stock yard and Billy Bobs (bar-concerts-rodeo all in one). Its a good tast of the good old, slightly modernized, SOUTH.

Realy with out knowing your interest I dont know where to begin. And I would like to second Big Bend a sight to see and a lot of wheeling throughout the state
Old 10-10-2010, 03:32 PM  

Ft. Worth, TX
Without knowing what you're hoping to see on your America tour, it is difficult to tell you what you would like. So, I will tell you what I've always liked in my 36 years being here. The food (tex-mex is the BEST!). The beer (Shiner Beer is great, visit Shiner, TX and tour the brewery). The people (in general they're laid back and very nice, just ignore the people stuck in the big city lifestyle of Dallas and Houston). The women (only southern Cali has a higher percentage of very attractive women per capita). The land and its variety (I'm just NW of Ft. Worth and I can get into trails in the trees or the river or the sand or the rocks in 20 min.) The sense of pride of most of its natural born inhabitants (some get a bit cocky but for the most part it is just wonderful to see people take pride in their state and therefore take care of it). The hard working attitude and ingenuity of most of its people. The fun that can be had and the variety of life here. In one day you can see a cattle drive, ride a steam engine train, try some of the best wine in the country (straight from the vintners barrel), go see a foreign or independent film, go to a couple of the best museums in the country, see some great local live music (country, rock or jazz), do a little boot-scootin (aka country dancing) and have some great bbq, tex-mex, steaks or burgers... and that is just in Ft. Worth! If you come through Ft. Worth let me know, I'll show you around.
Old 10-11-2010, 10:26 PM  

Spring, TX
plenty of wheeling and good ol' southern hospitaltiy
Old 10-14-2010, 07:30 PM  

Lubbock, Texas
Don't forget Prarie Dog town in Lubbock!
Old 10-15-2010, 05:20 PM  

Rock Springs, WY
Quote:
Originally Posted by balloo93 View Post
The best reason to visit Texas is, in all honesty, the Women.
It's the truth. The only thing more beautiful than the scenery is our women!
Old 10-15-2010, 09:21 PM  

Waco, TX
I vote for the women, stock yards in Fort Worth and the river walk in San Antonio.
Old 10-20-2010, 06:54 AM  

League City-Clear Lake, Texas
Nicest people in the country. Awesome music. And like someone above said, our women.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.