Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-22-2010, 03:42 PM  
Commodore

San Marcos, Texas
Rural Internet in Central Texas

I am looking for rural Internet options in the Hill Country.

What are my options? Found one provider but they charge by how many GBs you use and that's not feasible for me.

Old 11-22-2010, 08:54 PM  

Lubbock, Texas
Depending on how for out in the woods you are you might check on Sprint. I use their USB unit on my laptop in the truck. They have upgraded most of their towers and I can watch streaming video in most areas. Even out in the sticks. It looks like a good connection in the San Marcos, Texas rural area.

Here is a page with a link to their coverage maps. Just enter your Zip. (I like link 2 better.)

Sprint Link #1
Sprint Link #2

Old 11-22-2010, 11:15 PM  
Commodore

San Marcos, Texas
Thanks for the links. What is the top speed you get and how much do you pay, also is it unlimited?
Old 11-23-2010, 08:13 AM  

Lubbock, Texas
I think I was Grandfathered in as an unlimited user. Check with Sprint. I get 1.2 to 2.5mb download speed based on several speed tests done around the country.

Total Sprint bill with 2 cells and internet for laptop runs a little less than $160 a month.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.