Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-09-2010, 06:09 PM  

Dallas, Texas
Open more than one. We need something besides Dickey's and Spring Creek. We drive to McKinney or South Dallas for good stuff. Far North Dallas needs your cooking!

Old 10-15-2010, 05:26 PM  

Rock Springs, WY
Midland Texas. It's a pretty good sized town, and it really doesn't have many good barbecue places. It's also a REALLY great town if you have a family. I lived there my whole life up until I moved to WY six months ago.

Old 10-17-2010, 12:01 PM  

roanoke, Texas
personally i would try Denton or Roanoke that's gust me, though your mileage may vary.
Old 10-25-2010, 09:55 PM  

Elysian Fields, Tx
Most folks I know that want good BBQ get it off the pit in the back yard. Opening a BBQ stand/resturant/joint in Texas would be a stupid idea unless you can run in the red for 5 or 6 years trying to get established. And then you would probably end up bankrupt anyway.
Old 01-08-2011, 06:42 AM  
Supporting Member

Krum, Tx
Quote:
Originally Posted by red_grand View Post
personally i would try Denton or Roanoke that's gust me, though your mileage may vary.
Denton..
Old 01-08-2011, 01:45 PM  

Fort McMurray, Alberta
If you want to make some money opening a BBQ joint, send me a PM and we'll talk, if you want to live in texas and open a BBQ joint (and hell who wouldnt want to live in texas, greatest place on the earth to live IMO) probably stay away from east texas, there are BBQ joints all over the place already.
Old 01-11-2011, 11:53 AM  
Moderator Emeritus

Texas
The weather is a good reason to move, up till last week we were in the 70s. Now it's cold.
Old 01-12-2011, 06:04 PM  

New Braunfels, TX
Original Poster!
Have you moved here yet?

We need update....some feed back....something!
Old 01-12-2011, 06:09 PM  

Austin, Texas
I think they were just lookin' for a reason to get here!
Old 01-28-2011, 12:22 PM  

Houston, Texas
From your post I see you are in Florida. I grew up in Florida (Titusville and Delray Beach) and now live in Houston. The BBQ is a little different out here, more brisket, less pulled pork, alot more mesquite instead of hickory, the sauces are a bit different. It may take you a while to get a following. Good luck and I hope to see you in Houston.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.