Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Ohio > Toledo
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 04-26-2012, 02:48 AM  

Looking for a picture of a house that was torn down in the late 60s

My mother lived in a house at 2263 Maplewood in the Old West End when she was younger. I'm trying to find a picture of it for a Mother's Day gift, but so far no luck. I've tried the TLCPL's Images in Time, Google Image Search, Google Newspaper Archives, and now I'm posting on forums. I know it's a long shot, but if anyone either has a picture of this house or can point me in the right direction that would be awesome. My great-grandmother bought the house from Rev. Alvin Bell around 1954, and two other previous owners I turned up in my search were Major Merritt Platt and Raleigh D. Mills. The site is now a park, and the address doesn't even exist anymore, since the park actually has a Virginia Street address.

Thanks in advance!

Old 04-26-2012, 06:05 PM  
Administrator

Ohio
rather than the Internet

rather than the Internet:
Do you have any old family photo albums? Or have you asked any relatives or family friends if they might have taken photos of people in front of the house? What about the local historical society? Or perhaps the city had taken some photos of the property just before or after it was purchased to build the park?

Old 04-27-2012, 01:26 AM  

There's something I hadn't thought of, emailing the Historical Society. Although this house was outside the "Historical" part of the OWE, it's worth a shot.

Also, we don't have a large family, so the idea of anyone having a picture is doubtful. Besides, I think my mother would have gotten a copy of the pic from someone if they had it.

Thanks!
Old 04-27-2012, 09:24 AM  
Supporting Member

San Jose, CA
In my hometown, our city library keeps tons of archives. Photos, newspapers, local school yearbooks, etc. I don't know if yours is the same, but that's where I'd start in my hometown. Good luck!

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Ohio > Toledo
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads