Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General City Forum > Transportation / Urban Planning
Click Here to Login

Old 05-06-2011, 09:31 AM  

Montreal, QC
Show us your Bicycle

Here's my Trek FX 7.2
It's a great urban bike for on and off the path. I bought her new 3 years ago

Old 05-06-2011, 05:30 PM  
mohel

Keizer, OR
I like the fact it looks like it could survive a few potholes. I have a used cheapie I rarely rode in storage. I'd intended evening rides but I didn't anticipate the problems of potholes in unlit stretches.

I bought a Bianchi years ago but it was unsuited to the narrow country roads around where I lived. No shoulder and my own ineptness with hand activated braking was getting me more excitement than exercise.
Until owning that bike I had no idea a bicycle could go so fast so effortlessly.
Show us your Bicycle-bianchi.jpg 

Old 05-06-2011, 05:55 PM  

Montreal, QC
What a beauty! Bianchi is one hell of a brand... this from an Italian born in Rome.
Old 05-06-2011, 06:02 PM  
mohel

Keizer, OR
It was a work of art I long admired but I was not a wise buyer based on my needs or location.
Now we have an Italian and an Austrian from Montreal. Did all the French move to FLA to live with the Snow Bunnies?
Old 05-06-2011, 06:14 PM  

Montreal, QC
Quote:
Originally Posted by blucher View Post
Did all the French move to FLA to live with the Snow Bunnies?
Maybe some. But us poor folks are stuck here in the frozen north heheh.

Hang on to that bike and enjoy it! I know I would.
Old 05-06-2011, 06:40 PM  
mohel

Keizer, OR
The Bianchi has a home with a Triathlete who can put it to good use. I do have the bike in storage but this is what I'm more likely to use.

Quote:
We recently re-discovered an old school exercise bike. The Schwinn Airdyne is a recent addition to our arsenal of tools for the fitness classes.
For those not familiar with how this bike works, it is similar to an elliptical trainer in that you push and pull with your arms at the same time as you are pedaling. The unique feature on this bike is the fan mechanism. As you pedal, with feet or arms or both, it turns a large fan. The harder you pedal, push, and pull, the greater the air resistance. The fact that it works your legs, torso, shoulders, and arms all at once makes this a great workout.
We use it as a warm-up tool. The dual action of legs pedaling and the upper body pushing and pulling do a great job of increasing core temperature and heart rate. We also use it for interval workouts at high intensity. At a high effort this machine is nasty within 15-30 seconds. When you sprint as fast as possible, it feels as if the machine sucks the oxygen right out of your lungs. You will be impressed and humbled by the effectiveness of this low-tech tool.
The bike can be used by just about anyone and is great for those recovering from an injury. If you have an upper body injury, then you can concentrate on the lower body and only work this part on the machine. The same goes for a lower body injury, just push and pull with the arm action to get a great cardio workout.
Schwinn?s Airdyne exercise bike is intense, effective and safe to use whether you are a beginner or an elite athlete. I highly recommend this machine.
Show us your Bicycle-schwinn-airdyne-basic-full-size.jpg 

Show us your Bicycle-schwinn-airdyne-1.jpg 

Show us your Bicycle-schwinn-airdyne-stationary-bike_10_0.jpg 

Old 05-06-2011, 07:59 PM  
Traveler

I run a (Gulp) Schwinn breeze. Old heavy and cheap!
Old 05-07-2011, 08:52 AM  
mohel

Keizer, OR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Musicinabottle View Post
Those fat old tires were pretty near pothole proof. The Oregon Goodwill Store operation is unlike that anywhere else. The very last stop is a place we call "the bins". Anything of any value not sold in their fleet of stores gets sorted by otherwise jobless excons and pushed onto a big floor in 20 ft. bins on wheels.
At any one time there are perhaps 20 bins out being picked through by dealers, ebay sellers and bargain shoppers. Computer parts get rebuilt by an inhouse geek. I've bought several there for $40 to $110.00 including the one I'm on now.

Processor a Main Circuit Board 3000 megahertz Intel Pentium 4 (2 installed)
No memory cache
1024 kilobyte secondary memory cache
Board: Intel Corporation
BIOS: American Megatrends P22 11/24/04
Drives Memory Modules 1580.32 Gigabytes Usable Hard Drive Capacity
663.59 Gigabytes Hard Drive Free Space

HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-H10N [CD-ROM drive]
3.5" format removeable media [Floppy drive]

WDC WD800BB-00JHC0 (80.03 GB) [Hard drive] -- drive 0
2048 Megabytes Installed Memory Local Drive Volumes

c: (on drive 0) 80.02 GB 12.99 GB free d: (on drive 0) 1000.20 GB 563.09 GB free f: (on drive 0) 500.11 GB 87.51 GB free

Bikes in working condition sell for $15 to $20. Mine needed a leaky tire repaired.
Old 05-07-2011, 09:04 AM  

Montreal, QC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Musicinabottle View Post
Before this Trek, I had a Schwinn for 20 years. Built like a tank!
Then some $%#* stole it from my yard.
Old 05-07-2011, 09:13 AM  
Traveler

Quote:
Originally Posted by blucher View Post
Those fat old tires were pretty near pothole proof. The Oregon Goodwill Store operation is unlike that anywhere else. The very last stop is a place we call "the bins". Anything of any value not sold in their fleet of stores gets sorted by otherwise jobless excons and pushed onto a big floor in 20 ft. bins on wheels.
At any one time there are perhaps 20 bins out being picked through by dealers, ebay sellers and bargain shoppers. Computer parts get rebuilt by an inhouse geek. I've bought several there for $40 to $110.00 including the one I'm on now.

Processor a Main Circuit Board 3000 megahertz Intel Pentium 4 (2 installed)
No memory cache
1024 kilobyte secondary memory cache
Board: Intel Corporation
BIOS: American Megatrends P22 11/24/04
Drives Memory Modules 1580.32 Gigabytes Usable Hard Drive Capacity
663.59 Gigabytes Hard Drive Free Space

HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-H10N [CD-ROM drive]
3.5" format removeable media [Floppy drive]

WDC WD800BB-00JHC0 (80.03 GB) [Hard drive] -- drive 0
2048 Megabytes Installed Memory Local Drive Volumes

c: (on drive 0) 80.02 GB 12.99 GB free d: (on drive 0) 1000.20 GB 563.09 GB free f: (on drive 0) 500.11 GB 87.51 GB free

Bikes in working condition sell for $15 to $20. Mine needed a leaky tire repaired.
Actually it has skinny tires on that, but it's still heavy and rides like a Breeze!

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General City Forum > Transportation / Urban Planning
Bookmark this Page!