Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Traveling
Click Here to Login

Old 10-16-2011, 03:21 PM  

Memorable road trips

Most road trips are fun, and generally quite memorable, but is there one you've made that is more so than the rest?
Mine was an epic drive from Lowell, MA to Fort Lewis, WA. We left home at 11am on Friday and were in Tacoma at noon on Monday. I drove all but 100 miles of the trip.
The first time we stopped to sleep was about 20 miles east of Fargo, ND...some 1900 miles from home. Prior to that my longest non-stop was a 963 mile one-day round trip from Lowell to Niagra Falls.
The reason for the epic trip to Fort Lewis was to be there for the arrival of my son from a 15 month tour of duty in Iraq. We arrived at Ft Lewis just 6 hours before his flight landed.
The picture is of my traveling companions, my wife, daughter-in-law and my 6 month old grandaughter...who was a better traveling companion than the other two. I think it was shot in Idaho.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Traveling
Bookmark this Page!