Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Traveling
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-03-2010, 05:19 PM  

ottawa, ont
What do you like best about your city?

Who knows best about what's best in a city? The residents of course!

I live in Ottawa Ontario, and it is one of the best places to live for an excellent quality of life, especially if you enjoy sporting activities. Skiing, cycling, hiking, rock climbing, water sports ... all within 20 minute drive of the city. Gatineau parc is a Canadian treasure!

Old 11-03-2010, 08:53 PM  

beaverton, oregon
I have always heard good things about Canadian cities.
I live around Portland, Oregon. We have a decent city, and the surrounding areas are very nice. Mt, Hood for snowboarding. A 40 mile bike loop around, well thru the city, Were not too far from the coast.
I would say we are a nice place to come visit.

Old 11-05-2010, 05:23 PM  

Bellevue, Washington
During the summer when the weather is nice, the Seattle area can't be beat. Not too hot, no humidity and beauty. Mountains and water and Forrest all close to each other. But when it's winter..........
Old 11-05-2010, 06:07 PM  

Charlotte, North Carolina
Charlotte

Charlotte is fairly central to many gateways; to the west; couple of hours; we have the mountains; Blue Ridge Parkway; with lots of outdoor activitys
To the east a couple 3 hours; we have beaches.
To the north; we have ''Carolina, and Duke'' basketball
Old 11-06-2010, 11:18 AM  
Decent human being

Renton, WA
Im never too far from really good offroading
Old 11-17-2010, 07:51 AM  
Gorgonzola stuffed olives

North CT / Denmark
My town is west of th capital. The capital has a "downtown" or what's left of it .. my town has a "town center" w/ a gym, shops, movie theater, restaurants etc. I live 200yds from the center. That's my favorite part.
Old 11-22-2010, 12:22 PM  

Glendale, Arizona
The weather, which is also the thing I like least about Phoenix. Its a love/hate relationship.
Old 11-22-2010, 02:18 PM  
Commodore

San Marcos, Texas
The river that runs through it. Closeness to Austin and San Antonio.

Mostly the ease of transportation. I can realistically ride my bicycle anywhere I need to go in town. Once at work I can walk anywhere I need to go.

Negatives too, we need a "What do you hate about your town" thread as well. Politics/Local Government would be #1 there.
Old 11-22-2010, 04:16 PM  
Poison Idea

TONS of history, for example I live right by St. Johns Church where Patrick Henry gave his famous speech and my neighborhood is one of the oldest in the country.

There's also good nightlife, we get all 4 seasons, we're 2 hours from DC, mountains, and the beach, 4-6 hours from OBX, NYC, and Philly. It's in the south, we've got great food and lots of agriculture.

Wine isn't my thing but we've got TONS of breweries (not the right word, but you get the idea) for it all over the state.
Old 12-21-2010, 10:16 PM  

San Diego, CA
The weather in San Diego is nice (as rain is pouring outside)...well, mostly nice. It doesn't get too cold here either. The beaches and the parks are beautiful and great for walks and hiking.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Traveling
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads