Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Arizona > Tucson
Click Here to Login

Old 04-11-2011, 02:58 PM  

Cafe Poca Cosa

Sounds like a cool place, I hear their menu is changing constantly. From the things I have heard, it's worth trying. Anyone tried it?

Old 04-11-2011, 03:25 PM  
...slightly sane.

Tucson, AZ
i have tried it.

service was good, but the menu was some kind of mexican themed fusion stuff. carne asada with eggplant and other non-mexican items just didn't appeal to me. especially with the annoying downtown parking.

but i'm the only person i know of so far that didn't think it was great.

Old 04-11-2011, 07:51 PM  

Rio Rico, AZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by skivviss View Post
i have tried it.

service was good, but the menu was some kind of mexican themed fusion stuff. carne asada with eggplant and other non-mexican items just didn't appeal to me. especially with the annoying downtown parking.

but i'm the only person i know of so far that didn't think it was great.
carne asada and eggplant...
Old 04-12-2011, 05:58 PM  

tucson, az
Fusion? Not Mexican? We'll have to drink some tequila and argue that one....Eggplant or calabacitas (squash) thats very traditional. But I know what you mean as most folk see them as modern with all the veg and no grease or cheese. BUT since I eat there often for many years....The "big" one in the parking garage is fancier and serves lunch & dinner with drinks. Its is more expensive(12-$20/plate) and has been written up in national gourmet magazines. Good place to take visitors. The "Little Cafe Poca Cosa" north of the main library on Stone serves breakfast and lunch. It is cheap(er)(8-12) and fantastic, a huge healthy lunch. Used to be they had none of what most folks think is mexican Tacos, burritos, enchiladas, no melted cheese in sight. Their food is more traditional sonoran stews with side salads, beans, rices, tortillas, salsa and fruit. Menu items include Chicken Mole, Ranchero, Barbacoa, Red Chile (O;odham style no beans just chunks o beef), Green Chile, pork in chipotle, pico de res (mmmmm ground beef raisins, green olives), tamale pie. Don't epxect soda at the little one only aguas frescas, jamaica, horchata etc Both places are run by sisters and do lots of charity with their proceeds as well as being nationally acclaimed. Not to be missed if you like mexican veggie or con carne! A real tucson institution and family run business.
Old 04-13-2011, 02:18 PM  

tucson, az
The cochinito con chipotle and peach agua fresca I just had were preeety tasteee

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Arizona > Tucson
Bookmark this Page!