Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Arizona > Tucson
Click Here to Login

Old 04-09-2011, 06:58 PM  

Tucson, AZ
Charlou Gap

Just got back from charlou, I was disappointed to find out the trail has been graded all the way to the cattleguard, the dozer was parked out there, so i wouldnt be suprised if they went all the way to the wash

Old 04-09-2011, 11:42 PM  
...slightly sane.

Tucson, AZ
whoa?

graded like all the fun ruts and such... gone?

Old 04-10-2011, 09:20 AM  

Tucson, AZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by skivviss View Post
whoa?

graded like all the fun ruts and such... gone?
GONE, that place where we yanked the H3 is flat. He would make it all the way to the cattle guard with ease now.

This was a very dry season, maybe they are making sure the equipment can make it through quickly, A buddy of mine that is a caretaker on mount lemon said they graded, and widened the back way, nearly all the way to the top also.
Old 04-10-2011, 10:13 AM  

Tucson, Arizona
Wow, that's really too bad. Those huge ruts were a lot of fun. You think that they are going to grade it all the way through?
Old 04-10-2011, 12:34 PM  

Tucson, AZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gman1128 View Post
Wow, that's really too bad. Those huge ruts were a lot of fun. You think that they are going to grade it all the way through?
I dunno... I dont even know where to find out info like that.

the culprit

Old 04-10-2011, 01:14 PM  

Tucson, Arizona
They were working on it last year when I worked in the area and at the time, I thought it wasn't a huge deal because they left a bunch of fun stuff to play on. It sounds like the went all out in "improving" it. I understand the need to be able to get emergency vehicles and fire fighting equipment up there but that still sucks.
Old 04-12-2011, 06:11 PM  

tucson, az
in case you guys didn't know it was also graded out to chimney when I went a couple weeks ago, my wife was still scared. Could it be my driving?
Old 04-12-2011, 06:48 PM  
...slightly sane.

Tucson, AZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by catfish View Post
in case you guys didn't know it was also graded out to chimney when I went a couple weeks ago, my wife was still scared. Could it be my driving?
need to have her ride with me on redington road, she'll think you are driving miss daisy afterwards.
Old 04-12-2011, 11:03 PM  

Rio Rico, AZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by skivviss View Post
need to have her ride with me on redington road, she'll think you are driving miss daisy afterwards.
I've seen him driveing out there... Well, I've seen his dust!!
Old 04-12-2011, 11:17 PM  

Tucson, Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by catfish View Post
I assume they graded Helvetia Ranch Rd. and not the really fun trail that goes to the rock from Milepost 17, right?

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Arizona > Tucson
Bookmark this Page!