Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Arizona > Tucson
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-27-2010, 07:55 PM  

Oro Valley, Az.
Fly fishing spots.

New to area from Washington State. Have been learning how to fly fish, wondering if there is any spots close to Tucson for fishing. Have been casting in the street with toilet paper for a fly. SUCKS. But I have actually fished in Greer and Prescot.

Old 12-28-2010, 12:36 PM  

Tucson, AZ
The closest you'll find is indeed in the White Mountains (Greer, Pinetop, etc...) - you might be able to pull it off in the southern lakes (Pena Blanca, Patagonia, etc.) but my limited experience has found that they're too filled with debris (weeds and such) to get much accomplished with flies. I usually settle for longer-throw bobbers to get into deeper/clearer water.

Old 01-06-2011, 07:36 AM  

Tucson, AZ
I have been planning on learning too and we have bunch of good sized ponds in my neighborhood that I think would be good for practice. There are fish in them (cats and bluegill) but not your typical fly fishing targets.

I have heard Lee's Ferry is one of the best fly fishing spots in the country but it is way up by the Utah border. Would love to try it one day.
Old 01-06-2011, 10:45 AM  

tucson, az
near tucson try Parker Canyon Lake, rent from Scott/Mike at the store or bring a boat or hike to the back/north end

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Arizona > Tucson
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads