Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Arizona > Tucson
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-02-2010, 05:49 PM  

Thunder Canyon and Nimbus get my vote.

Old 12-09-2010, 09:44 PM  

Sahuarita, AZ
For me its Nimbus, but I am still new to the area and looking for a nice hang out spot with a good brew choice.

Old 12-14-2010, 08:48 PM  

Tucson, AZ
I usually do Nimbus and Thunder Canyon in terms of brewpubs... Bevmo and AJs for buying rare beers... 1702 pizza place has a lot of craft beers on draft and bottle from all over....
Old 12-15-2010, 07:45 PM  

Oro Valley, AZ
Micro Brews:
1. Thunder Canyon - Much closer to home
2. Nimbus
3. Gentle Bens on game days

Total Wine (Oracle and Wetmore) rocks...I spend way too many $$$ there.

EDIT: I forgot to add - Total Wine - Full Sail Session Black Lager for $8.99/12 pack. It's my favorite "cheap" brew.
Old 12-20-2010, 01:35 PM  
saq

Tucson, Arizona
I don't know how this thread has gone on for so long without a mention of 1702
52 taps of the best craft beer around and some great pizza/salads/wings. They are applying for a brewpub license and might start brewing in 2011.
Old 12-20-2010, 05:31 PM  

Tucson, AZ
[QUOTE=GeekGunner;39107]What are some good places you know of to get a good micro brew wether it be from a store in a bottle, a brew pub, or full on brewery.

4 Peaks in Tempe. As a bonus there are a plethora of hot women that flock to the site. Just sayin'!

I like Nimbus also and TC. I haven't been to Gentle Ben's or Barrio. Looks like they are one in the same.

I heard a small brewery opened in Bisbee. And when I say small, I am saying less than 10 barrels. I have yet to find it as it is somewhere hidden near St. Elmo's (Dive) Bar.

If I get a chance this week, I will head over to Bisbee and bring back a report. I know Electric Dave's was bought out and sold and bought and sold again... not sure what the hell is going on there. Dave made some very good beer back in the day. He since quit and in St. Elmo's last time I checked.

I have a feeling that Arizona is just not that friendly to Micro Breweries. I could be wrong, but there doesn't seem to be that many for the size of the state.

It could be worse. It could be Utah which despite forced Sharia Mormon Law, has some spectacular breweries.
Old 12-21-2010, 08:20 AM  

Tucson, Arizona
I've only been to thunder canyon and they have some good brews, I ordered a steak there one time and it was wasn't very good, wouldn't eat there again. I drink Nimbus at home on occasion and it's acceptable, not near as good as some other out of state micro brews.
Old 01-01-2011, 08:14 AM  

Arizona
Nimbus BISTRO on Tanque Verde. Has all the Nimbus selection, plus a group of other great Micros, plus food is better than their brewpub.
Old 01-02-2011, 01:35 AM  

Tucson, AZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by saq View Post
I don't know how this thread has gone on for so long without a mention of 1702
52 taps of the best craft beer around and some great pizza/salads/wings. They are applying for a brewpub license and might start brewing in 2011.
Wow,

After looking at their website I'm definitely going to give that place a visit.
Old 01-04-2011, 10:15 AM  
Az hunter

tucson, arizona
I like Nimbus, haven't been to the new place yet.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Arizona > Tucson
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.