Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Arizona > Tucson
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 05-16-2011, 01:39 PM  

tucson, az
Gunsight Trail Closures, NFS Proposed Off Road Park and other news.

This weekend while meeting with ranchers and other neighbors from the Rosemont Mine area somebody mentioned that the Forest Service is proposing an ATV/Off Road Park near Harshaw to make up for the potential loss of trails near Gunsight when/if the mine opens. Anyone have info on this?

On another note I wheeled my way around the proposed Rosemont pit site, yet again and there are quite a few fun easy/moderate side routes to be found along the ridge south of Gunsight if anyone wants to explore the area I'm game. The puddle we pulled Greg the Younger out of last time is dry

Also anyone seen the movie "Hombre". One of the neighbors had a whole bunch of stills and there a few scenes at least filmed in the pass. The parking area at the top and the tree are featured with some stagecoaches etc. pretty cool! Warning don't google Hombre if your at work

Old 05-16-2011, 04:31 PM  

Tucson, Arizona
There are also a few nice campsites in the area. Gas prices are killing me right now so I won't be doing a whole lot of wheeling for the foreseeable future.

Old 05-16-2011, 11:20 PM  

Rio Rico, AZ
Great area to wheel in... I'm game a lot of the time...

There is also another mine propsed in the Harshaw area, but all the mountains there are loaded with trails.. All pretty easy..

Hay Catfish, you should do the night run to Chimney Rock... Check out the thread..
Old 05-17-2011, 12:57 PM  

tucson, az
Quote:
Hay Catfish, you should do the night run to Chimney Rock... Check out the thread..
I probably will, but have to get clearance from the proper authority. Didn't want to post until I'm sure because I may be getting a rep for flip flopping.

Quote:
There is also another mine propsed in the Harshaw area,
The Sonoita/Patagonia folks I met with this weekend are also concerned about the Harshaw mine and that is where the atv park is proposed they said. FYI there were witnesses amongst them to Rosemont employees starting the last fire with a grinder. Seems odd they couldn't contain it if this is true. Most cntractors carry extinguishers. Lots of blame being flung about.

Quote:
Great area to wheel in... I'm game a lot of the time...
I'll try to pin down some dates with my wife and post some southern area runs soon.
Old 05-17-2011, 06:39 PM  

Tucson, AZ
Don't worry too much about flip flopping. There are guys over on TOR who post up all the time that they are going to make a run and then never show up for anything.

Stuff happens and we understand that.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Arizona > Tucson
Bookmark this Page!

« Charlou Gap | Ammo »

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads