Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Arizona > Tucson
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 02-08-2011, 11:28 AM  

Tucson, Arizona
I might be interested, especially if we do the full trail. I might be going to Phoenix to see the in-laws but if not, Chimney Rock sounds like a blast.

Old 02-08-2011, 11:53 AM  

Tucson, AZ
Yeah I might be down for the whole trail. Have to see how many are interested.

Old 02-09-2011, 11:22 AM  

tucson, az
As usual I am late to the party, spent all day yesterday fixing pipes at Parker Canyon. I'd like to go to chimney this sunday and redo that rock that scuffed my old bumper. Wanna compare clearance. But to respond to Robs challenge I was going to post a run for the 21st. Maybe Chiva since I haven't actually made to the falls yet.
Old 02-09-2011, 11:45 AM  
...slightly sane.

Tucson, AZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by catfish View Post
As usual I am late to the party, spent all day yesterday fixing pipes at Parker Canyon. I'd like to go to chimney this sunday and redo that rock that scuffed my old bumper. Wanna compare clearance. But to respond to Robs challenge I was going to post a run for the 21st. Maybe Chiva since I haven't actually made to the falls yet.
21st feb or march are mondays.
Old 02-09-2011, 01:34 PM  

tucson, az
yup, Feb 21 is presidents day, us gummint workers get a break....but my wife has to work.....
Old 02-09-2011, 02:19 PM  
...slightly sane.

Tucson, AZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by catfish View Post
yup, Feb 21 is presidents day, us gummint workers get a break....but my wife has to work.....
oh, wow. i get the day off too. we call it 'family day' wtf. (edit: oh, its family day in canada.)

alright, i'm game for a chiva run on the 21st, we can go straight to the falls and then decide to go play from there on anything.

from the falls area, there are a lot of optional routes we can take back out. so far i've only breadcrumbed the direct way in/out on the gps, so i need to run the others.

thanks for the heads-up on a holiday. my boss wouldn't have told me until the 22nd when i asked why he no-showed. /sigh.
Old 02-09-2011, 03:01 PM  

Tucson, AZ
Well no go for me then. I have to work on the 21st.

Are you talking about the back way out from the falls to Reddington Road?
Old 02-09-2011, 03:32 PM  
...slightly sane.

Tucson, AZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicondevil07 View Post
Are you talking about the back way out from the falls to Reddington Road?
no. when heading back from the falls, there is a left fork that will take you out to the 4405 trail. you can go left/right here for two optional routes back to three feathers. or even take 4405 the whole long loop around as well.

basically...

left - left takes you to the area above the falls and back around to the wash.

left - right - right takes you a slightly longer route back to the 4426/4405 intersection

left - right - left takes you on the long 'grand loop' that runs through the nudist colony above tanque verde falls and then back up to 4405.

the numbering gets weird back there with all the 4405a 4405 4405b stuff.

finding all those trails is what i did learning how to wheel in my stocker rubi.
Old 02-09-2011, 09:27 PM  

Tucson, Arizona
Darn, I have school the 21st... I'm very tempted to go anyways

Hmmm, decisions decisions
Old 02-10-2011, 07:02 AM  

Tucson, AZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by skivviss View Post
no. when heading back from the falls, there is a left fork that will take you out to the 4405 trail. you can go left/right here for two optional routes back to three feathers. or even take 4405 the whole long loop around as well.

basically...

left - left takes you to the area above the falls and back around to the wash.

left - right - right takes you a slightly longer route back to the 4426/4405 intersection

left - right - left takes you on the long 'grand loop' that runs through the nudist colony above tanque verde falls and then back up to 4405.

the numbering gets weird back there with all the 4405a 4405 4405b stuff.

finding all those trails is what i did learning how to wheel in my stocker rubi.
I think I know all these you are talking about but I don't know them by the trail numbers just where they are at.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Arizona > Tucson
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.