Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Arizona > Tucson
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 02-22-2011, 05:09 PM  

tucson, az
let us know when your coming and we can argue about which nighborhood you should live in, what trails you should run and which bbq joint is best.

nw pa ay, my family is from Donora/Charleroi down by monongahela in coal/steel country, both of my parents went to CMU.

if you do start looking at houses, you might not think it but black mold and termites are two things to inspect very carefully for here. That and insulation and lots of it!

Old 02-22-2011, 07:46 PM  

Staunton, Virginia
Yeah, our plan is to rent until we know the area a bit better. I don't think we'll hold out two years, but we'll do our best!

Ike

Old 02-23-2011, 10:52 AM  

Tucson, AZ
Another good wheeling site is http://www.wheelingarizona.com
Old 02-24-2011, 08:16 PM  

Oro Valley, Az.
house for rent

Just had a house go up for rent in my neighborhood. End of Lacanada past Moore if your jobs going to be North/ Northwest. 20 min drive to Automall, 30 min to UofA. Post if your interested I can get you the Address, and phone number for the rental agency. House is about 1600 sq ft and 4 years old. Fenced brick walls.
Old 02-25-2011, 05:34 PM  

Staunton, Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4NDAD View Post
Just had a house go up for rent in my neighborhood. End of Lacanada past Moore if your jobs going to be North/ Northwest. 20 min drive to Automall, 30 min to UofA. Post if your interested I can get you the Address, and phone number for the rental agency. House is about 1600 sq ft and 4 years old. Fenced brick walls.

Please do! I'm looking for any leads I can get. My job is going to be in Wilcox but I'm not sweating the location of the rental as much as I would the house we're going to buy.

Thanks;

Ike
Old 02-25-2011, 09:49 PM  
...slightly sane.

Tucson, AZ
working in Willcox...

living in tucson, that's probably going to become a very annoying commute. if you look for places near Vail or southwest Tucson that'll minimize the annoyance.
Old 02-25-2011, 11:51 PM  

Tucson, Arizona
If I were working in Wilcox but wanted to be a reasonable distance from Tucson, I'd probably look at living in Benson. It's probably closer to Tucson than Wilcox but will knock about 45 minutes off of your commute.
Old 02-26-2011, 04:18 PM  

Oro Valley, Az.
I agree with Skivvis and P-Saurus. The place up here would be a horrible drive, we're an hour north from the Tucson airport as it is. You'ld be looking at 1.5 to 2 hr commute to Wilcox. Sorry to get your hopes up...
Old 02-27-2011, 03:46 PM  

Staunton, Virginia
Both Willcox (been there when I visited the base) and Benson (only drove by but saw enough from the interstate) are not going to cut it for us. Tucson it is, at least the drive is nice and almost all 75mph.

One thing to remember: I'm going to be working 24 hour shifts, 2 shifts every eight days. SO, I'm only making the trip twice a week (actually just shy of twice a week) rather than 5 times a week like a regular monday-through-friday kind of gig. This makes longer commutes much easier to handle.

Ike
Old 03-12-2011, 08:37 AM  

Staunton, Virginia
Good News: I'm here, dudes!

Bad News: My Jeep isn't here yet.

The trip from VA wasn't bad at all, the DD did fine for me. I'm out of town all next week (WTF, I just got here!) and once I'm back I'll start the process of getting the Jeep shipped.

Then it's GAME ON!

Ike

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Arizona > Tucson
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.