Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Arizona > Tucson
Click Here to Login

Old 12-20-2010, 05:42 PM  

Tucson, AZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanMcGuireXJ View Post
That is the WORST myth ever. I've had nothing but expensive problems with Apple products and will never look back. Don't get me started on iJunk.
Actually, it is a FACT that Apple builds the most reliable computers. Maybe you just have bad luck since you seem to break everything you touch? </satire>

"Apple?s overall numbers ? which makes it the highest-scoring product Apple has, and therefore the highest-scoring product ACSI has ever tracked."

This is a quote from an independent research company. I used to work for a repair company and I saw very few MacBooks come in for repair. HP was the WORST and ACER seemed to be a bit better. Of course one could argue the sheer number of laptops that are sold and have a good argument. The MacBook Pro simply has one of the best Mobos out there. Period.

I think that if you buy ANY laptop, you need to get SquareTrade coverage. I broke my Ipod Touch and had it replaced... a BRAND NEW ONE for $50 deductible.

I do hope you get your problem resolved. I won't even touch a HP based on my experience.

Old 01-06-2011, 11:55 AM  

Tucson, Arizona
Buy a Mac?

I have a three year old MacBook with little on it except MSOffice. It really sucks for speed, both on the net and just working. My very elderly Toshiba can't accept more than a gig of memory and has outlived its usefulness. I've tried to substitute the Mac for it, but it just isn't much better (I bought the Mac because a company I contracted with wouldn't allow PCs on their network. They had the Apple Airport (I think it's called) wireless N network and it was no faster on a T-1 line than it is on my DSL at home).

I finally put it up against my wife's mid-range HP laptop, and working side by side, the HP would load or transfer stuff too quickly to measure; the Mac would take 20 seconds up to a minute and a half. Just no comparison. And the MacBook cost almost three times as much as the HP (SLIGHTLY more expensive?). They both have identical Intel CPUs also.

By the way, the Mac also freezes more often than my old Toshiba on XP, and the Win7 HP never freezes.

I know that Macs are a religion, but I'm an agnostic. Although I've had great success with HP products (I have a 3 year old desktop as well at the moment), I will buy what makes the most sense at the time. I've never seen a Mac making more sense except when an employer required it and built the cost into my contract.

Old 01-25-2011, 12:09 PM  

Tucson, AZ
Next time, give me a call. I'll be happy to answer any questions you have.

Williams Technical Services
www.wtsaz.com
info@wtsaz.com
(520) 490-0726

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Arizona > Tucson
Bookmark this Page!