Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Arizona > Tucson
Click Here to Login

Old 12-20-2010, 04:51 PM  

tucson, az
I have signed up a dam good photographer as passenger, of course jeeps are not his usual subject.....which is family friendly for those of you who might be thnking otherwise

Old 12-21-2010, 06:51 PM  

Tucson, AZ
anybody wanna run to florence on the 8th and camp out?

Old 12-22-2010, 10:14 AM  

tucson, az
thanks for the invite I am defnatley up for camping in future but not this time....
Old 01-04-2011, 10:46 AM  

tucson, az
bump to confirm date...so when are we going? that and I am thinking camping the night before makes sense. Where is the trailhead?
Old 01-05-2011, 04:39 AM  
...slightly sane.

Tucson, AZ
my martinez cabin tour is still Jan 29, meeting at 8a.

meetup location is the minit market at oracle (77) and golder ranch road.

(follow oracle north the town of catalina, the minit market is on the right hand side.)

from the meetup, we'll head out as a group for florence (simple route, 77 to 79 to florence). with a quick stop to top off fuel tanks/supplies in florence and then a few more miles to price road to air down and begin the run. (dirt road begins at 79 and price road)

so far this looks like its going to be a relatively dry winter, but if we do get a lot of snow/rains in the florence area we may have to reschedule. not for the cold, but the risk of flooding in box canyon.
Old 01-05-2011, 07:30 AM  
Az hunter

tucson, arizona
Wish I could go, either work or pig hunting with my son.
Old 01-05-2011, 11:06 AM  

tucson, az
thanx rob, I'm in....was thinking about camping too eihter before or after...

rugermack...hunt sooner, call in sick and bring along some steaks I'll bring the smokey joe, unless of course you wanted to keep your job
Old 01-05-2011, 11:19 AM  
...slightly sane.

Tucson, AZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by catfish View Post
thanx rob, I'm in....was thinking about camping too eihter before or after...
you winter campers are hardcore.

near the meetup, only camping probably is the charouleau gap trail, don't know if camping is ok there. can't recall ever coming across any existing fire circles yet.

out at florence junction, there are a ton of places to camp. i don't have the FS map for that area yet, but you can probably use mapquest.com or such to follow price road and find the camping spots.
Old 01-05-2011, 01:29 PM  

Tucson, Arizona
I hope to be there, my jeep needs some driveshaft work before I take it on a long trip, but if I can get this done I definitely want to go.

Most of the Charouleau gap trail is on forest service land so I believe camping would be fine.
Old 01-05-2011, 01:33 PM  

Tucson, AZ
At FJ there is a place on price road just before you get to box canyon that has a huge camping area with multiple fire pits.

Rob,

I was on another forum a couple of minutes ago and somebody posted that martinez is closed. You might wanna talk to the Forest Service guys or somebody in state trust land department or whatever to verify this information.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Arizona > Tucson
Bookmark this Page!

« Banned | Got water? »