Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Arizona > Tucson
Click Here to Login

Old 12-27-2010, 07:59 PM  

Oro Valley, Az.
Mountain Bike Trails in Oro Valley

So I know a couple of trails to ride near my home in Oro Valley. Charlou Gap and The 50 year trail, Catalina st. Park. Are there any trails near Oro Valley that won't kill you the first time out?

Old 12-28-2010, 12:22 PM  

Tucson, AZ
Welcome!

If you live in Oro Valley, 50-Year Trail will be your best bet. It has everything from beginner (jeep roads) to extreme technical. Go to Mountain Biking Tucson - Tucson MTB, and set up an account (free, and no spam) - it's a forum for Tucson Mountain Bikers that will get you hooked up with rides, etc. Also, there is the Sonoran Desert Mountain Bicyclists (Sonoran Desert Mountain Bicyclists - Tucson, Arizona) which is a local social/advocacy club. Another great place to hook up with riders. If you would like, I am free occasionally on Saturday mornings - I live in Catalina, and frequest the 50-Year - would love to show you around!

Hank

Old 01-01-2011, 08:12 AM  

Arizona
Concur with Hank on the 50 year Trail in your part of town. If you;re on my side of town (SW), Fantasy Island, from the Valencia Rd side, is the tamest trail around.
Old 01-16-2011, 11:45 AM  

Oro Valley, Az.
50 year trail

Rode 50yr trail today.. What a great place to ride!!!! Bailed once, rimming a corner and the ground gave way, front tire wiped out and I hi sided. Got seperated from my riding partner at the shoots. He went left I went right and continued on twards Oracle. After not seeing him for 45min. turned around and we both ended up at the Jeep at the same time.. Go figure... Worst part was having to pull Cholla out of my ankle after a hard ride, couldn't get my 10 yr old to pull them out for me.
Old 01-19-2011, 07:49 AM  

Rio Rico, AZ
Ahhhh the little pleasures of the desert!
Old 01-19-2011, 01:45 PM  

Tucson/Austin, AZ/TX
Here is a fun trail near Oro Valley.

24 hour course

Its the course designed for the 24 hours at the Old Pueblo race in February. 17 mile loop that isn't too technical, although it does have some optional lines that can get more difficult. There is a lot of elevation change. The trail crosses over powerline roads and gas line roads often, so you can ride a shorter loop if you'd like. The trail gets kind of busy in December, January, and February because the annual race is in the middle of February. Overall it is a fun trail that can entertain a wide variety of riders.
Old 01-21-2011, 01:28 PM  

Tuuuuuuuuscon
There is also a really cool newer trail off of silverbell (not too far of a drive) called sweetwater trail. Pretty easy for the most part. Very nice and scenic though.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Arizona > Tucson
Bookmark this Page!