Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Arizona > Tucson
Click Here to Login

Old 03-31-2011, 05:09 PM  

Tucson, AZ
Overland Expo

I missed it last year. But definetely going this year.

Overland Expo - Home

Old 03-31-2011, 09:51 PM  

Rio Rico, AZ
I'll be there friday and saturday. Planning on watching a lot of the slid/films they are having!

Old 04-01-2011, 03:25 AM  

Prescott Valley, AZ
overland expo

can some give me more info as to the location, date and time.
Old 04-01-2011, 08:28 AM  

Rio Rico, AZ
Amado, Thata a place South of Tucson on I-19 South of Green Valley.
Time: is now, through Sunday.

Link: Overland Expo - Home
Old 04-02-2011, 06:44 PM  

Rio Rico, AZ
Sad to say I didn't see anyone I knew from the area. Oh I did know an off road motorcycle guy but that was it.

There were some fantastic videos ans slide shows from all around the world. No rock crawling though. Were lots of vendors sell and showing off their latested and greatest stuff WE mostely don't need for what we do. Jeep did have a round table talk on the upcoming jeeps. Some interesting stuff coming!
Also it appears that we need to carry a little plastic clip that connects the transferr case lever to the shifter arm. Apparently it breaks often... Just what I heard from many there...
Old 04-04-2011, 11:05 AM  

tucson, az
ah the clip, I have heard of that. Do the later model rigs also have the slot for the screwdriver next to the shifter like my 07? may be unrelated but i'll be googling this later.....
Old 04-04-2011, 10:49 PM  

Rio Rico, AZ
I think that slot if just for getting it out of park??? Guess I should read my manual...LOL
Old 04-05-2011, 11:20 AM  

tucson, az
I think your right..But its been about 4 years since I read the manual and that exceeds my retention sop....
Old 04-11-2011, 11:14 AM  
Zoe-nuh-jeep

Suck Vista, Arizona
Seems like kind of a ripoff/waste of time. Those of you going please report back and let us know your thoughts.
Old 04-11-2011, 07:50 PM  

Rio Rico, AZ
Well, if you were interested in bicycling/ sidecaring around china there were two great films and slides of that. If you might have been interested in a group off road ride across I belive its parts of Russa to Siberia than there was a wonderfull movie on that. Perhaps you might have been interested in jeeping across Washington on non paved roads. There was a film and slides on that. And those were just a few that I went to.

The vendors had a few interesting things to look at for jeeps. But most of it was these big ol honker vehicles, that wouldn't fit where we go! But it was fun to look at. So if you were an adventure rider of off road sort of person, it was an ok event!
Rip-off you say.... Hmmm, you havn't been to many of these kinds of event I'm guessing. I go to airshows like Oshkosh and the fees are really bad there, but its still fun...

Food was questionable there. Price wise and wait wise. But there along came a BBQ person, selling BBQ sandwiches for $5 and drinks ffor $1. Thats was a good deal and filled me up.. SO you had to look!

There, thats my 2 cents worth.. And I'll go again next year for the movies if nothing else....

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Arizona > Tucson
Bookmark this Page!